~Snakes Eating Corn~

Janstang

Established Member
Same here.. Its always within 1% of what it should be, so buying the Zeitronix piece would be more for eye candy than anything. I'm sure the winter blend is different up here, but mine goes into hybernation around mid-November, so that doesn't matter to me.

Janstang

Established Member
sick brag! :bored:
One of the cool facilities they have working out here is taking waste wood from the Black Hills National Forest, they chop it up and turn it into ethanol. East side of the state is primarily corn derived ethanol and down south(for the time being) is where the switch grass is being tested.. If you are close to one of these facilities, especially in the northeast part of the state you can get E85 for under $2.00/gallon anytime, since its right out the door to the gas station. That sure as hell beats the $5-6/gallon I was previously doing for race gas or even AV gas. I was able to add in 5deg of timing to the tune, and the car gained 20rwhp/1 deg of timing..:rockon:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
One of the cool facilities they have working out here is taking waste wood from the Black Hills National Forest, they chop it up and turn it into ethanol. East side of the state is primarily corn derived ethanol and down south(for the time being) is where the switch grass is being tested.. If you are close to one of these facilities, especially in the northeast part of the state you can get E85 for under $2.00/gallon anytime, since its right out the door to the gas station. That sure as hell beats the $5-6/gallon I was previously doing for race gas or even AV gas. I was able to add in 5deg of timing to the tune, and the car gained 20rwhp/1 deg of timing..:rockon:

The big thing here in far west oklahoma is the switch grass for making e85 yet there isnt a single pump selling it in northwest oklahoma...........I'm patiently waiting for a pump closer to home. I dont run race gas very often but that is mostly due to the price:eek:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
The second Cali decides to step it up and put E85 at the pumps, I'll be jumping on the band wagon! :rockon:

Your car looks sexy as always, Kevin. :beer:

My94GT

Established Member
how does one go about finding out if there is any e85 at the pump local to them??

also both cars look amazing

Jefe

Established Member
You can see they switched from the Corn on the side of the pumps to Switch Grass. That's because some Ethanol is being produced now from cellulose.

Why did they do this? Any difference?
You just have 2 tunes. One for E85 and one for 93. You can either go with a flip switch chip or just load the tune into your car with your handheld tuner while filling up.
But if you still have some left in the tank it wont cause a problem? Theres gotta be at least a gallon or more of the other fuel still left in the tank when you fill

xenodragon

Established Member
04Sleeper i think I see a spec of dust on your rear passenger side tire, you might want to clean that off....... -.-

forcefedcobra

Established Member

But if you still have some left in the tank it wont cause a problem? Theres gotta be at least a gallon or more of the other fuel still left in the tank when you fill

grows faster and isnt a food source. There shouldnt be any difference between ethanol produced by one or the other.

Janstang

Established Member
The big thing here in far west oklahoma is the switch grass for making e85 yet there isnt a single pump selling it in northwest oklahoma...........I'm patiently waiting for a pump closer to home. I dont run race gas very often but that is mostly due to the price:eek:
Where are they hauling the switch grass to, to get processed? Our ethanol plants are all very close to there crop source to keep costs down. You would think if you had processing plants close by they could throw alittle ethanol your way for your crop contribution.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Where are they hauling the switch grass to, to get processed? Our ethanol plants are all very close to there crop source to keep costs down. You would think if you had processing plants close by they could throw alittle ethanol your way for your crop contribution.

most of it is being grown out in the panhandle so I would assume it is being processed in the texas panhandle or southwest kansas. Kansas is full of places selling e85 but oklahoma doesnt have crap

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Awseome results! :rockon:

Mascoma is doing a lot with Cellulostic Ethanol.
http://www.mascoma.com/pages/index.php

Hopefully they will get a pump for you soon bro.

The second Cali decides to step it up and put E85 at the pumps, I'll be jumping on the band wagon! :rockon:

Your car looks sexy as always, Kevin. :beer:
Thanks man. :beer:

how does one go about finding out if there is any e85 at the pump local to them??

also both cars look amazing
Thanks.

Here are a few places you chould be able to look.
Growth Energy Market Development
E85 Stations | OVER 1000 *VERIFIED* E85 STATION LOCATIONS IN THE US
E85 Stations

Like Brandon mentioned. It grows much faster and requires almost no water to make. I would venture to guess that Corn Ethanol will be a thing of the past in the next 5-10 years. It will all be made from cellulose or recycled something.

It doesn't really matter much. All gasoline now has 10% Ethanol so it is all E10. Ethanol mixes very easily with gasoline so no harm. That's why FlexFuel cars don't have any issues running it.

04Sleeper i think I see a spec of dust on your rear passenger side tire, you might want to clean that off....... -.-
Don't worry, I go it! :thumbsup:

grows faster and isnt a food source. There shouldnt be any difference between ethanol produced by one or the other.
Correct. Ehtnaol is Ethanol once refined. Doesn't matter what is used to make it.

most of it is being grown out in the panhandle so I would assume it is being processed in the texas panhandle or southwest kansas. Kansas is full of places selling e85 but oklahoma doesnt have crap
There are Ethanol plants in the TX Panhandle. I have passed them while driving. :burnout:

Jefe

Established Member
Any stockish Cobras converted with a tune? 50+hp? Im thinking about it

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Those cars are amazing...I cant believe how clean they are... Kevin your car is one the nicest terminators i have ever seen... I wish E85 would be available in florida...

-Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread