SN95 Dual Din radio installed, back-up cam, pics, info, etc

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Looks awesome, nice work! I want to do something very similar some day.

LDC2335

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments y'all. I brought this thread back in hopes of it getting added to the How-to section.

We have that same Pioneer in our Sport Trac. Nice radio.

Its a nice unit, i wish I had known more and got the 8500 with the hdmi for android mirroring. I bought a ipod touch to go with this and the app mode is quite lacking. Maybe in a fewq years, they will truly get the app integration part right. But for all the basic stuff, its a good unit.

Wish it had a shuffle all button like my old pioneer unit did. I had to make a "Shuffle all" playlist to make it easier to do. It would be nice to be in one playlist and then hit the shuffle all button without havig to pick another playlist first.

iamtheshaner

IH84DZ
Established Member
Looks great! In about a year or so I'm going with an aftermarket gauge cluster and attacking the stereo. Hope I can find this thread again and hope you don't mind a few questions if/when they come up

Seth

Established Member
Question: Does it only turn on when in reverse? I was thinking about doing something like this. But I wanted to be able to activate the camera when ever I want. So when I'm at the track I can use it as a rear view mirror.

96redcobra

Established Member
I guess it all depends on the head unit your using. The one I used for my swap has a reverse input and an override to turn the camera on

LDC2335

Established Member
Question: Does it only turn on when in reverse? I was thinking about doing something like this. But I wanted to be able to activate the camera when ever I want. So when I'm at the track I can use it as a rear view mirror.

I'll bring this back since I missed your question.

If you power your camera with the reverse bulb wire, it will only come on in reverse. If you power it with a 12v switched source, like the yellow wire on your aftermarket deck, then you can view it while driving.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Users who are viewing this thread