sn95 cobra road race build

jcveron

Established Member
Kooks is all I will use kooks lts kooks o/r x and Borla stingers. Do u know if Griggs has specs on that car?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yes that is John Griggs car he knows all the details about it. I've talked with him for hours about his car. I used to live like 30mins from infineon and from his new place in Petaluma lol. He has a custom set of headers made by kooks.

jcveron

Established Member
That car is awesome no doubt but I want something like said above not to professionally raced. I want it to look like a stock but nodded 98 cobra (if that mKes much sense) 98 Saleen cobras car is sick looking. I'll have to call John Griggs to see if he can advise me!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I don't have any pics or vids of my car at the track.. But this summer you can come out to that raceway that you mentioned and I'm sure I'll be running.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I checked it out last night. It looks pretty decent.. It's not infineon or Thunderhill but it'll work.. I'm also going to be checking out Barber motorsport park up in Birmingham I think and Road Atlanta at somepoint.

jcveron

Established Member
definately not a huge park but to get the cars out and stretch the legs its pretty good. only 15 dollars to drive 10 dollars to watch. almost always something going on. if you look at the schedule it has all kinds of events. and being between new orleans and baton rouge, alot of cars of all types come to play. hey say i did the vortech system you were speaking of and made mid 600s set up to open track, if i put it on the 1320, what kind of ets and trap speeds you think i could pull?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
definately not a huge park but to get the cars out and stretch the legs its pretty good. only 15 dollars to drive 10 dollars to watch. almost always something going on. if you look at the schedule it has all kinds of events. and being between new orleans and baton rouge, alot of cars of all types come to play. hey say i did the vortech system you were speaking of and made mid 600s set up to open track, if i put it on the 1320, what kind of ets and trap speeds you think i could pull?

dude ten bucks to open track your car?? wtf!! yes please. if you did mid 600's with road racing suspension you should still be able to pull off a high 10 sec 1/4 if you can get traction. To be honest though if that's the only track that you will be running 600rwhp or more will probably be to much lol. that is a tight course. No somewhere like road atlanta. it'll be awesome.

jcveron

Established Member
o that wont be the only place ill go its just the one i know of in louisiana. yea they have drift days, open track, drag imports, muscle, top fuel, bikes, the full show just on a scale not as big as say infineon or places like that but still fun non the less. dont centri cars pull major hard on top end? like for roll races

jcveron

Established Member
i have open tracked before in a fully built jackson racing supercharged rsxs. i have also owned a 97 gt built motor saleen supercharger. i have also owned a 2004 civc si with a rev hard turbo kit when i was a teenager. along with the vehicles i have now, i however have never owned anything with a centri supercharger. i have never claimed to be a professional in open track. i have simply stated that this is not my first time and i have done it before. because i am asking questions on something that i am not completely familiar with before i spend a bunch of money makes me smart. is there a problem with that? thank you to the guys who are helping me out and answering all my "interesting questions" it is much appreciated.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No problem man. I could careless if you are a pro racer, or first time out.. you got questions, I can probably answer them lol.. It's the internet lol.

jcveron

Established Member
thanks my man. someone always is gonna have a problem with something! and you have been like a live encyclopedia! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread