sn95 body 03 cobra motor swap

pyro1998

Established Member
Got the radiator in today but now both coolent tanks won't fit, this is starting to be a real pain.

pyro1998

Established Member
Yes using all the 03 wiring, got most of the dash wiring figured out but still a few things not figured out yet.

autumnstang97

gigidy
Established Member
Wouldn't it be easier to run the original wiring and modify accordingly?

I'm doing a swap into my 1997 GT and using most of the original wiring to the terminator motor. Just going to run a relay to the heat exchanger pump and a separate boost gauge wired to the boost/vacuum outlet on the back of the blower. In addition, a 255 pump and kenne bell BAP, coil plug harness adapter to rid the coil packs, and then my return style fuel rail, just mod the mounting brackets to fit the lower intake of the termi.

autumnstang97

gigidy
Established Member
I didn't have access to a complete Cobra vehicle, just bought the motor/tranny.
I'm going to use the AJE racing t56 cross member and the Dallas Mustang adapter to run the speedo from the T56 to my stock cluster.

Other than that good swap you're doing there. Keep it up and keep us posted.

pyro1998

Established Member
I've had to put the mustang on the back burner, my daily driver a 96 GMC truck needs a motor so I'm waiting for warmer weather to get that done, then back on the mustang, I'm also waiting for some parts to come in.

pyro1998

Established Member
I need to know if anyone knows where the 3 vacuum lines at the back of the engine compartment on the passenger go. Also what connects to the metal emissions line that comes from the front to the back

pyro1998

Established Member
Got the inter-cooler pump mounted and the fuel and emmisions lines put in the other day. I got the air box out yesterday so I could put a new heater core in. Also made the brake lines to go from the 03 master cylinder to the 96 proportional valve.

pyro1998

Established Member
Well I've stopped this project to many problems. I picked up an 02 GT i'm going to put the motor in now. From what I can tell it will be much eaiser in this car. It looks like I'll just have to change the wiring harness on the passenger side front because of the intercooler pump. Anyone know of anything else I'll need to change?

SdFoxbody

Established Member
I have a 1996 Mystic that I did a full Terminator Swap on with a 2.8 Liquid Cooled Kenne Bell and much more. If you have any Questions, I can Definitely help you. Just ask. Good luck with build. I have an extra harness or 2 as well if needed.

pyro1998

Established Member
I just kept running into electrical problems so I stoped the swap. The 02 GT will be much eaiser, think i will just have to change all the front wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread