SMP's Product's Really Work!!! (won't use Zaino again)

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
I purchased the poorboys SSR2.5 and SSR1 along with the killer combo (clearkote) from SMP the other day and spent some time using the stuff. All I can say is WOW!!! I had some major swirl marks and etching in my clearcoat from hard water spots. I used all the products according to the instructional thread that's on this site. I took quite a bit of time with the poorboy's stuff and the results are amazing. The VMW and VM were so easy to apply and wipe off. My PC also made to the work easy. If anyone is on the fence regarding the zaino vs clearkote the answer is obvious in my book. No more zaino in my future. I'm now a clearkote user. Thanks Scott.

Lance

darkshadow03

Established Member
I too will never use Zaino again. I did 3 cars this past weekend--1 white --1 black and my redfire ----they came out great! :beer: here is one picture of the black one!

Lawman85

Banned
I'm a huge fan of the Poorboys stuff now. Wish I hadn't waisted all that money on other waxes/polishes. I have taken all the swirls out of the Cobra except a couple of deeper scratches which I have no idea how they got there. Anyone tried the SSR 3 yet and will it work with the PC or a rotary? Or should I just take more time with the 2.5?

NXGHOST

Established Member
The problem is mis-information. Zaino is NOT a polish. It is a pure sealant. Prep is the key. If you went from Zaino to a swirl remover then polish then of coarse your surface will look better. I personally don't use Zaino, Im a Klasse nut but I will say that there is no miracle product. A properly prepped surface will look great no matter what you use as a last step product.

Last edited:

agentf1

Established Member
cnepace said:
The problem is mis-information. Zaino is NOT a polish. It is a pure sealant. Prep is the key. If you went from Zaino to a swirl remover then polish then of coarse your surface will look better. I personally don't use Zaino, Im a Klasse nut but I will say that there is no miracle product. A properly prepped surface will look great no matter what you use as a last step product.
I agree, it just sounds like you needed to prep your surface properly before you zaino'd. I have used/use both products and can say that Zaino is hands down a better product than EX and EXP and is definetly better than any Carnuba product. After you have your surface where you want it with the Clearkote products do a dawn wash or prepsol wipe to remove any oils left from polishing and throw a coat of Z2 Pro on there and maybe finish off with a spritz of Z8 and you will be amazed at how awesome your paint looks. :thumbsup:

Fallguy

Established Member
RED2003COBRA said:
I purchased the poorboys SSR2.5 and SSR1 along with the killer combo (clearkote) from SMP the other day and spent some time using the stuff. All I can say is WOW!!! I had some major swirl marks and etching in my clearcoat from hard water spots. I used all the products according to the instructional thread that's on this site. I took quite a bit of time with the poorboy's stuff and the results are amazing. The VMW and VM were so easy to apply and wipe off. My PC also made to the work easy. If anyone is on the fence regarding the zaino vs clearkote the answer is obvious in my book. No more zaino in my future. I'm now a clearkote user. Thanks Scott.

Lance

If you think the Clearkote looks good you should try the rest of the PB line with sealant & Nattys. That will blow away the CK. SMP sell's both and both are great product's , but my result's with PB is alot shinier, wetter, clearer.

spree

Established Member
agentf1 said:
Zaino is hands down a better product than EX and EXP and is definetly better than any Carnuba product

I would dispute that anyday of the week. The day Zaino can do this is the day I'll buy some again...

13.jpg

Scott P

Established Member
If prepping for Zaino, I think the SSR series from Poorboy's World is your best bet. Zaino (for now), does not have a true swirl remover in its lineup. The SSR series does not contain and fillers or oils, so it will work fine under Zaino.

Remember folks, the best shine is all in the prep. Get the finish polished to perfection and your last step product is just gravy. :)

Juiced-03

Established Member
agentf1 said:
do a dawn wash

I don't take any advice from anyone who uses dishwashing soap as a car wash.

j/k :D

I have tried them all (detailed for 3 years) and Zaino never made it to my arsenal of products. I gave it many chances too, but there were too many other products that gave me better results and were FAR easier to use. The only thing about Zaino I did like was the smell and durability of Z2. I do use Z10 for leather though.

Last edited:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Scott P said:
If prepping for Zaino, I think the SSR series from Poorboy's World is your best bet. Zaino (for now), does not have a true swirl remover in its lineup. The SSR series does not contain and fillers or oils, so it will work fine under Zaino.

Remember folks, the best shine is all in the prep. Get the finish polished to perfection and your last step product is just gravy. :)
I would actually recomend Mezerna, i have used PB/Megs/Pinnacle/and Mezerna and it worked better and faster. Just my $.02 :burnout:

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
I wouldn't compare Zaino to that Poorboys product with polish on top ....

The PB line of SSR3/2.5/2/1 is designed to remove swirls and fine scrathes BEFORE you apply your choice of polish.

I use a Porter Cable with #3 then 2.5 then 2 ...... Then I top it with my choice of polish. Regardless which ... if you never used the Poor boys with Zaino but you do now - you will absolutely have a better finish!

What I'm saying is it may NOT be from switching from Zaino! You prepped it properly this time.

EDIT: I see you use a PC - good move .....

Generally I will spend 1 hour just on the hood going through the Poor boy steps. It is well worth it.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I might have to try the 3-2.5-2 steps. I love the feel of the surface after putting on layers of z2 and I haven't used anything else that gives that same result. almost feels like the surface is soft to he touch and have seen a number of cars like this and after the applications there is minimal upkeep throughout the yr.

however, as stated above Zaino doesn't have a good swirl or hard water spot remover and I am trying to figure out what to do. I am borrowing a friends PC and will use 3M swirl remover for light colored cars and then use AOI? after that and then put the z2 on. We will see how that works and if it doesn't give me the results I am looking for I will try the steps with SSR.

Users who are viewing this thread