Smoothed rear bumper cover

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I just saw a redfire cobra driving around ( in San Francisco)with a cool rear bumper cover. I tryed to catch up to him to ask about the cover but he took the freeway on-ramp. The rear bumper cover looked like a stock 03-04 bumper cover but did not say "cobra" in it. It was just plain where the lettering would be. Does anyone know where to get these covers? I must have one! LOL! It made the car look super clean in my opinion.

Thanks,
Rod :beer:

MVD

Established Member
Does anyone know where to get these covers? I must have one! LOL! It made the car look super clean in my opinion.

Just take off your bumper and take it to a paint/body shop and tell them to fill the letters. You can probably pick it back up the next day.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I thought about that already. I don't want to modify my factory bumper as it is near perfect. If I was going to go that route, I would purchase an after market replacement and modify that one.

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
He had a cobra bumper modified. They actually cut out the plastic where it said cobra and put a flat piece in it's place. It is not body filler.

He is on here, frisko4one5

I thought he sold the bumper not too long ago though.

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
[ame=http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=95594]Got my cobra rear shaven the right way!!! - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club[/ame]

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Thanks for the info! I may just go that route or this one:
Look what I found: Mustang Bumper Covers by ABC Exclusive

Just not too sure about the quality of this one. I'm very OCD about my car so if the fit is not right then no-go on this.

I sent Frisco4one5 a PM. Hopefully it was him I saw today. I would never have thought about doing that but after seeing it.... WOW!

Last edited:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
im sure theres aftermarket companies that reproduce the bumper without cobra.

theres one in tampa, then one in jacksonville fl i believe.. called Unique. they sell aftermarket bumpers and parts and cant put copyrighted names on their bumpers so none of them say mustang/cobra. i've bought from them before. i'm sure they have 04 cobra bumpers by now. i had a catalog. they have a website. i'll find it if anyone wants. they're also wholesale to the public. cheap.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Thank you for the update. I did a bunch more research today and think I have it figured out. I recieved an e-mail from Abcexclusive about the smoothed bumper they produce. It is not out yet for a few more weeks and the bottom vallance section is different from factory. I stopped by my friend's bodyshop to look into an after-market and/or re-conditioned cover. They found an after-market company that sells the bumper cover without the lettering. I ordered the after-market cover and it should be in sometime this week. If it is what I'm looking for and the fit is good then off to the paint booth. If not then a reconditioned cover will work fine seeing as I will have it modified anyways. The after market cover is $159 and the reconditioned one would run $219 but would have to be customized. I will post up the progress and some pics when all is said and done. Should look pretty clean. I guess I'm a bit of a "black sheep" (pun intended) around here. It seems like most guys want to add bling to the back lettering and I'm trying to cut it off.... LOL!

Last edited:

WNRacing

Established Member
im sure theres aftermarket companies that reproduce the bumper without cobra.

theres one in tampa, then one in jacksonville fl i believe.. called Unique. they sell aftermarket bumpers and parts and cant put copyrighted names on their bumpers so none of them say mustang/cobra. i've bought from them before. i'm sure they have 04 cobra bumpers by now. i had a catalog. they have a website. i'll find it if anyone wants. they're also wholesale to the public. cheap.

I'd take that link if you can find it....

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Nothing yet. Still waiting for the cover to show up. Having a couple small issues with the supplier. Will definately post up as soon as something comes together.

Users who are viewing this thread