Smoothed B-head intake

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
Hey guys and gals! I just finished smoothing my intake a few weeks ago and figured that I would throw up some pics of some before and afters. The intake will be powdercoated once I finish the making the lower into a shortrunner. I'm not sure what color yet, but I was thinking wrinkle black. I will be doing a cop swap before the end of the year also. I was thinking wrinkle black on those too, but not sure about the intake and valve covers being the same. If you have any suggestions on either then feel free to let me know. The car is laser red by the way. Anyways here are the pics! :beer:

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

-Justin

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
I want to see more of how to do it?

I didn't know this was an option till a few weeks ago I was browsing and noticed a thread on this.

Looks awesome.

I8URLS1

Established Member
I'd smooth out the top, powder coat the intake lazer red and the valve covers wrinkle black with lazer red cop covers.

Looking good though man!

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
Good looking work.

Thanks!

I want to see more of how to do it?

I didn't know this was an option till a few weeks ago I was browsing and noticed a thread on this.

Looks awesome.

I would have to do a write up on it. It's a good bit of work. I have between 10-15 hours into it. I would be willing to do yours if you are interested.

Looks terrible. Give you $5 for it.

lol Not hardly.

I'd smooth out the top, powder coat the intake lazer red and the valve covers wrinkle black with lazer red cop covers.

Looking good though man!

Thanks man! I'm not sure about smoothing the top off. I wish I could get someone to photoshop it with them off. I like that idea on the powder coating though.

Very nice work. Can't even tell it was there. Where do you mount the IAC afterwards?

You have to get a remote IAC mount from MMR. I will probably try to put it behind the manifold.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
I'm thinking wrinkle black valve covers and intake, with laser red coil covers and laser red in the lines on the intake. And wrinkle black timing cover.

Users who are viewing this thread