Smoked Headlight output pic.

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
For those who've every debated getting the dark smoked headlights,but have wondered about the output. PICS!

Camera, HTC EVO cell phone
White Balance: Auto
ISO: 100

HID's
FX-R Projector
5k D2S bulbs
Ballast cheap-o ebay.

Headlights in question
IMAG0818.jpg

Clear Lens
IMAG0848.jpg

Smoked Lens
IMAG0849.jpg

and these are with HID's, Id hate to see halogens in them.

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
holy crap! It almost looks like you turned the brightness from max to min. Is it really that bad?

I'm sure HIDP would love this lol

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
holy crap! It almost looks like you turned the brightness from max to min. Is it really that bad?

I'm sure HIDP would love this lol
Its allready there lol. A few other pics in that thread as well.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?45045-Cool-cut-off-pic-clear-headlight-lens-vs-smoked
Jesus! That's insane, exactly why I didn't want them plus I like my amber corners
Ive seen the lesser smoked ones with the amber diffusers still.

Adiabatik

Banned
Im confused, are those the stock 01-04 headlights or aftermarket? I am not very familiar with mustang headlights.

Stevo151

Established Member
Im confused, are those the stock 01-04 headlights or aftermarket? I am not very familiar with mustang headlights.

Aftermarket dark smoke is what I think they are, at least that's what the ones on American muscle look like and are called

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
Aftermarket dark smoke is what I think they are, at least that's what the ones on American muscle look like and are called

Yup. The oem ones on the later years were clear lens, blacked out trim pieces on the inside with amber diffusers.

The aftermarket ones could come like the oem's or from what ive seen chrome trim pieces dark smoked lens,and/or a lesser smoked lens.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
damn..

i have vht smoked headlights and i use my stock bulbs. i didnt make my headlights real dark though.

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
next on the chopping block. The lesser of the smoked headlights that i mentioned earlier.

IMAG0866.jpg

IMAG0867.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread