WANTED: Smog legal car in Cali

JOE B.

Established Member
Is it 100% stock?
No. It has ported heads, arp head studs, manley platinum pistons 11cc. It has bbk long tubes, 2.5 pro chamber, 3" mac catback. I put stock exhaust back on and stock supercharger pulley to smog. I need to smog it but it passes fine. I did the same thing last time for smog

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
No. It has ported heads, arp head studs, manley platinum pistons 11cc. It has bbk long tubes, 2.5 pro chamber, 3" mac catback. I put stock exhaust back on and stock supercharger pulley to smog. I need to smog it but it passes fine. I did the same thing last time for smog

Wont pass now if you are on any none carb compliant tune. Things have changed as of July 2021.

Santiago

Established Member
Wont pass now if you are on any none carb compliant tune. Things have changed as of July 2021.
In case you buy a cobra that is modified I have plugs that can pass the smog and remove state refs in case you want too

JOE B.

Established Member
That's why i am putting it to stock for smog purposes. I don't think any tune has ever been legal in Ca. Yes most hanhelds have 91 octane tunes but they always have said not legal for California on smog controlled vehicles. Nothing has ever been legal unless its carb compliant. Just most places dont bother you if it passes the obd port check they do. I always had to return mine to stock tune. That being said i never had anyone say anything about my cai,tb,or smaller pulley.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
That's why i am putting it to stock for smog purposes. I don't think any tune has ever been legal in Ca. Yes most hanhelds have 91 octane tunes but they always have said not legal for California on smog controlled vehicles. Nothing has ever been legal unless its carb compliant. Just most places dont bother you if it passes the obd port check they do. I always had to return mine to stock tune. That being said i never had anyone say anything about my cai,tb,or smaller pulley.
Just make sure you keep your connects. Things are changing and changing fast in bad way for us car guys.

Racingsoul1977

Established Member
03 Silver Vert 92600 miles just got referred and passed. For sale make me offer.
Screenshot_20200808-212556_Messenger.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N976U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tk1920

Established Member
if you are still looking, my Cobra is up on the site and passes Cali smog. Used to pass every 2 years before I moved to Utah. Comes with stock cats, carb eo RAI, and tuner to revert to stock tune. 20k

Users who are viewing this thread