Smaller rear brakes ???

D.T.R

Established Member
Hey guys I'm having a little problem with my rear wheels. For some reason these 15x10 aren't clearing the rear brakes. What brakes can i put in the rear to help with this? any of the previous mustangs, or mustang v6 brakes?
any help will be greatly appreciated.

D.T.R

Established Member
^ None of the previous mustangs use smaller rear brakes that can interexhange with ours?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
What rear brakes do you have. The 15x10 should clear stock rear brakes exept the ones on the 13 gt500 just fine.

D.T.R

Established Member
I have stock rear brakes. The 15x10 billet specialties i bought doesn't clear the brakes...
anybody know if any other mustang has a smaller rear brake i can use the rotor/bracket/caliper from to make it clear?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I looked into this over the weekend. Looks like you have to go back to 99' -04' rear brakes (10") to get somethng smaller than we have (11.8"). I have no idea if they bolt up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

D.T.R

Established Member
^ you might be right.
my buddy has an SN95 in the back of his shop and i was able to put my wheel on that car and it clears the rotor and caliper... but we tried to put the rotor and bracket on my car and it doesn't work without some customization being done... sighhhh

D.T.R

Established Member
now to find out if 99-04 brakes will bolt onto our cars sighhhh

Anybody by chance knows the size of the rear rotors on a 05-09 mustang V6? i think they're the same...

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
I can't find an aftermarket rear brake kit either. Everything is bigger :(

poof100

Established Member
Try the Baer SS4/Deep Stage brakes. They are more of a race style brake but still streetable with a thicker disc than the all out race ones.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
How do those rear brakes clear being bigger rotors than stock ?
Dang, definitely can't spend $2k worth of brakes just so that the wheels work...

I will see if I can get some pics from our customers.

Only other way yours will not work is they were machined wrong which is very rare.

Users who are viewing this thread