smaller pulley w/out chip?

horatio03

mmmm beeer!
Established Member
i was just wondering if anyone out there has swapped to a smaller upper pulley w/out putting in a chip. and if so, did you get it dyno'd to see if your a/f changed any? i heard that you might be able to get away with a 3". just trying to keep my mods dealer friendly, swapping a pulley before taking it in isn't too much of a pain, having my warenty denied would be!

ralphy1798

Established Member
Use the predator to tune it!!! You can get away with it b/c there is no physical evidence that there was a chip there, and you can put the stock tune back into the ECU and they never know!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, what's with all the threads about smaller pullies and tunes? LOL!

The Predator will be dealer undetectible but I prefer the Diablo or Autologic chips. There are also a few shops that will re-flash your stock PCM. But the Predator would be your best bet.

Get Ready

Established Member
I USED A 3.0 PULLEY WITHOUT A CHIP, BUT I DID CHECK A/F. IT WAS A LITTLE LEAN. EACH CAR IS DIFFERENT DYNO FOR SAFETY....

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
exactly, you might be able to get away with it, but you will get more hp and a lot more torque if you just go ahead and get a chip. I also like Autologic chips very much, but the predator will perform fine also.

03CobraFreak

Established Member
I would not go any smaller than 3.2 without a tune. Some have but I would not without checking your A/F ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread