Small Block Ford vs Modular Motor Swap

BigBen408

Established Member
Go with Ed Curtis prepped Trickflow highports 240cc or larger 255cc. Put them on top of the dart block big bore 363. Add a custom cam with big boost or big nitrous 250 shot. You'll be high 8's low 9's easily.
If not that combo go Coyote 5.0 aluminator with a Cobra jet intake and Boss heads also some GT super car cams for good measure.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
how much power do you want to make???????

If you only want to make 5 or 600 and you are starting from scratch, a 408 is a SUPER cheap way to go.. Anything over that and the mod motors really start to shine.

A Dart 363 and a Dart 427 are the same price, but you'll want a BIG $$ head on the 427. Both will basically hold the same power, so you can always run the 363 and crank up the boost, but you'd make more on pump with the Windsor.

I'm currently building a 363.. Nothing crazy.. Nice heads and a T trim. Shooting for 700rwhp on pump and Meth, and 7000 RPM.

I wanted a 427, but it's a TIGHT fit, and it really starts to limit you for OTS parts.. Especially exhaust and such..

Personally, if I were shooting for really high numbers, I'd go with a solid Mod motor and a turbo. They really seem to make the big numbers alot easier, even with far less cubes.

Guys suggesting 331's and 347's don't know much about sbf's.. Anything over 500 horse and you'll want a Dart Block.. If you have a Dart block, there is no reason whatsoever not to run a Big Bore and 3.4" stroke, giving you a 363..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread