SLP LT's or Bassani MidLength Headers...

The mid lengths make more sense and you'll save $$$ in the process. Why pay more for the SLPs and a new mid-pipe when the gains aren't significant when compared to the Bassani? I'm doing mid lengths this winter myself to get a louder sound from my Bassani x/Stingers.

DICobra

Established Member
THanks Guys for all the replies and suggestions, very much appreciated :beer:

Dennis you sneaky guy! what you up to now? I see your not satisfied with stge 5 port huh, already jumping the ship lol

Hey Rave, what's up? I know, it's so hard to stop modding the heck out of our Cobra's...lol. Yes, I will be getting new mods soon this next few weeks. Just trying to get it done all at once like midlength and more power :rolling:... I will contact you soon... :beer:

rudycobra

Established Member
The mid lengths make more sense and you'll save $$$ in the process. Why pay more for the SLPs and a new mid-pipe when the gains aren't significant when compared to the Bassani? I'm doing mid lengths this winter myself to get a louder sound from my Bassani x/Stingers.

Just pull the cats out . Lot easier and cheaper lol

mgmustang1

Established Member
Thanks Guys for the replies :)

How is quality of the SLP Catted X pipe? Will the SLP LT's and SLP catted x pipe a good match for my Borla Stingers? :) If anyone has this please give some input or maybe a video link for sound clip?... Thanks.

Just some input on the cats, I have slp lt with catted xpipe, after installing the 2.3 whipple the cats broke apart so i had to gut them. Jon lund tuned my car and said the cats will not hold up. So in my opinion the cats are garbage. They didnt rob me of much power but didnt last making 600+hp. The one thing I will say is the longtubes are still as good as new a few thousandmiles later. If I were to do it again, I would go kooks since the install will be worth every penny. I work on my own car but to do these headers u need a lift with slp's. The way the tubes were designed u cant get your hands in there to tighten bolts. The k-member had to be dropped. Shortly after I changed the clutch and did not have to take a header off to do it.

DICobra

Established Member
Just some input on the cats, I have slp lt with catted xpipe, after installing the 2.3 whipple the cats broke apart so i had to gut them. Jon lund tuned my car and said the cats will not hold up. So in my opinion the cats are garbage. They didnt rob me of much power but didnt last making 600+hp. The one thing I will say is the longtubes are still as good as new a few thousandmiles later. If I were to do it again, I would go kooks since the install will be worth every penny. I work on my own car but to do these headers u need a lift with slp's. The way the tubes were designed u cant get your hands in there to tighten bolts. The k-member had to be dropped. Shortly after I changed the clutch and did not have to take a header off to do it.

Thanks for the info. Sir :). By the way, will I be able to fit the bassani midlength headers to my bassani catted midpipes in which the cats are welded in to the pipes to avoid leaks? Or will I buy a new catted x pipe? :(

Teej281

Established Member
If they are welded in there, you'll probably have to either break the welds or figure something out because the collector used needs to mount to the cat if I'm not mistaken. Does that make any sense? lol

DICobra

Established Member
Very good infos. Guys... Thank you. I decided to buy a used bassani catted x pipe and bassani midlength headers from one of the members here and got a really good deal for both :) anyways, thanks for all the suggestions and responses... :)

95rooster

3rd hand info passer
Established Member
ok i just stole a set of bassani mids for 150 bucks and ive got stingers out back what mid pipe do i need? i think its the bassani 5 piece x pipe but not sure. thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread