SLP LT's or Bassani MidLength Headers...

DICobra

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Just want to ask/opinion ... Which is worth it to install SLP LT's or Basanni Midlength Headers on a SOON 2.3 Whipple Generation 2 to be installed Cobra 03? I already have the Bassanni catted x pipe on the car with Borla stingers on. Thank you.

Termilvr

Established Member
long tubes will give better gains, will lower boost so you can run a slightly smaller pulley to achieve same boost than you would with just x pipe. I am not sure if the midlengths will give you the same results but if you are gonna do this dreaded install why not get the most out of it as possible.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Do all long tubes need to be removed before the tyranny can be dropped? I know my mid lengths can stay in place while the tyranny is dropped.

Termilvr

Established Member
Do all long tubes need to be removed before the tyranny can be dropped? I know my mid lengths can stay in place while the tyranny is dropped.

I know arh you can remove the trans without dropping k member and removing and i believe kooks and mac can stay in as well, Iam not sure about slp's but i think bbk's get in the way but don't quote me on this.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Since you already have the Bassani mid pipe, it makes more sense to just go with their headers, because they will bolt right up without needing another whole mid-pipe. That is the route I am going. I actually have the headers sitting new in the box, and after doing a ton of research, saw that everyone that ran them was more than happy with the fit, finish, ground clearance, performance, and most important...sound. Honestly, I don't think the power difference will be enough to make any difference, so it just comes down to other things like fit, and ground clearance. Most longtubes will hang low enough to scrape on a lowered car, as well as making clutch changes difficult. All of these things factored into my decision. I suggest using the search feature also, as you will see there are really no negatives to going with the mids - at least none I could find...

rudycobra

Established Member
I was thinking bout bassani mid length to cause have x pipe , but just dropped friends tranny that has them and it's pain in the ass . Had to pull of one of the collectors to get bell housing out . Just looking at them made me wonder how in the world did they install them . A shop did his but if I do get some I'll b doin install . Gd luck they deff looked nice though , just wonder if the clearance is the same with the two

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
^^ Unless he wants to maximize his HP, then he is better off buying the SLPs or another quality longtube. He can always sell the Bassani Mid.

DICobra

Established Member
Thanks Guys for the replies :)

How is quality of the SLP Catted X pipe? Will the SLP LT's and SLP catted x pipe a good match for my Borla Stingers? :) If anyone has this please give some input or maybe a video link for sound clip?... Thanks.

DICobra

Established Member
Since you already have the Bassani mid pipe, it makes more sense to just go with their headers, because they will bolt right up without needing another whole mid-pipe. That is the route I am going. I actually have the headers sitting new in the box, and after doing a ton of research, saw that everyone that ran them was more than happy with the fit, finish, ground clearance, performance, and most important...sound. Honestly, I don't think the power difference will be enough to make any difference, so it just comes down to other things like fit, and ground clearance. Most longtubes will hang low enough to scrape on a lowered car, as well as making clutch changes difficult. All of these things factored into my decision. I suggest using the search feature also, as you will see there are really no negatives to going with the mids - at least none I could find...

Thank you for the reply... I was thinking of getting the Bassani Midlength since I have already bassani catted x pipe. If there is no significant Power increase difference with the SLP LT's and Bassani Midlength then I may go ahead and get the Bassani instead. :beer:

Termilvr

Established Member
slp lt w/ catted xpipe go for 1143 shipped you could prob sell the bassani x pipe for 200 since its catted maybe more, is it the stainless version? so that puts you in the 900 dollar range and bassani mid lengths go for 700+ shipping so it seems worth it to go with the lt's

DICobra

Established Member
slp lt w/ catted xpipe go for 1143 shipped you could prob sell the bassani x pipe for 200 since its catted maybe more, is it the stainless version? so that puts you in the 900 dollar range and bassani mid lengths go for 700+ shipping so it seems worth it to go with the lt's

good point, thank you for the input. :)

Termilvr

Established Member
good point, thank you for the input. :)

thats with the svt performance discount for american muscle used on the slp's if you haven't already just pm one of the reps in their section and they will give you the code.:thumbsup:

rudycobra

Established Member
Friend paid 669$ I believe shipped for bassani . If long tubes make tranny harder to get out than mid length then that would b my answer

moonltgold

Probably very little difference in HP, the LTs will give you more torque over a broader range. But I think you would be happy with the Bassanis -- there are no clearance issues if you are lowered. SLPs aren't the best for ground clearance -- the MAC and Kooks would sit higher off the ground. So I say Bassani.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Dennis you sneaky guy! what you up to now? I see your not satisfied with stge 5 port huh, already jumping the ship lol

Users who are viewing this thread