SLP Line Lock Fixed

weswtbcobra

Established Member
i posted a while back that i was having problems with my SLP line lock not holding the car-
specifically, when i tried to do a burn out, the car would just push forward- it was like it was trying, but just not quite working.

so i was at the track talking to a guy about it and he said "just push the brakes harder". Sounds stupid, but it worked. I thought i was pushing them pretty damn hard to begin with, but apparantly not.

So to all you people that PM'ed me, and responded to the thread having the same problem-

PUSH THE BRAKES AS HARD AS YOU CAN- WHEN IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE PUSHING SO HARD THAT THE PEDAL IS ABOUT TO BREAK- PUSH IT SOME MORE!!!!!

mine works great now-

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Mine always locked...however the damn thing locked up on the dyno last week and wouldn't release. They use some shitty Chinese solinoids!

03' White Snake

Established Member
I have the SLP line lock on my GT and it doesn't work, I press the pedal all the way to the floor and it barly has any pressure, i can tell it works a little but doesnt hold the car.

weswtbcobra

Established Member
03' White Snake said:
I have the SLP line lock on my GT and it doesn't work, I press the pedal all the way to the floor and it barly has any pressure, i can tell it works a little but doesnt hold the car.

make sure your brakes are bled good-

then push it harder.

i'm telling you- i was convinced mine did not work. I just pushed it so hard that i thought i was gonna break something and it held rock solid.

also try pumping the brakes first and then pushing it as hard as you can- that seemed to work good too.

Users who are viewing this thread