SLP Headers

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
So I found some SLP headers that I'm going to pull the trigger on to install mid March. The part number is M30002 and says it fits 03-04 Cobra/Mach 1.
Am I correct in thinking that I may only need an EGR delete kit to fit my 01?
Thanks for the help and opinions!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Your EGR will work with them. Also, SLPs hang very low so if the car is lowered there may be some issues.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
A guy I used to work with had a full SLP exhaust installed on his '04 Mach 1 and it hung pretty low at the header to mid-pipe connection. He wasn't lowered at all but said he just had barely enough clearance to make it over speed bumps.

I have an SLP catted x-pipe installed right now with the stock exhaust manifolds and it'll be coming off when I install my MAC headers. I'm lowered w/the Eibach pro-kit springs w/all isolators in and will slightly grind over speed bumps, it's a horrible sound.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Thanks for the heads up! SLP said they wouldn't fit but I was almost positive they didn't actually know. I'm lowered on SportLines and I even had to modify the manifold downpipe to give me extra clearance. I'll probably go with the MAC headers and mid pipe instead. Just need to figure out if I want cats or not. I'm thinking cats since my exhaust would be wide open with LM1's.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
One more thought,
Would it be more practical to keep my 5 piece SLP mid pipe and have someone fabricate a connection to the MAC headers or just invest in a new mid pipe? I don't know the full extent of the differences in geometry but the mid pipe would cost me up to $400 more to buy new.
Thanks

po-po 5.0

Established Member
One more thought,
Would it be more practical to keep my 5 piece SLP mid pipe and have someone fabricate a connection to the MAC headers or just invest in a new mid pipe? I don't know the full extent of the differences in geometry but the mid pipe would cost me up to $400 more to buy new.
Thanks

MAC headers use the standard ford ball-and-socket exhaust joint (like what's stock on the driver's side head to midpipe joint now). Should be pretty easy to get someone to tack on these connectors to your midpipe, and they deal with not 100% perfect alignment quite well.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Get a Prochamber. It will quiet down the exhaust a bit so you can run LM1's and it will sound great

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Get a Prochamber. It will quiet down the exhaust a bit so you can run LM1's and it will sound great
i have mac LT awaiting install in a few months and going to pair up with a lt prochamber and my current borla stingers. that wont be terrible loud will it?

sorry not trying to thread jack op!

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I actually decided to go with the SLP LT's. I didn't feel like putting a lesser quality part on my car or shelling out 1400 for LT's and a new mid pipe. I'll post pictures of the install whenever they finally get here. The car will eventually be placed on weekend duty next December when I graduate.
EDIT: Plus an EGR delete

Last edited:

clbailey

Established Member
I actually decided to go with the SLP LT's. I didn't feel like putting a lesser quality part on my car or shelling out 1400 for LT's and a new mid pipe. I'll post pictures of the install whenever they finally get here. The car will eventually be placed on weekend duty next December when I graduate.
EDIT: Plus an EGR delete

Whats the part number you ordered, also will it fit up to a slp modular catted x?

Also how bad is the ground clearance with SLP?

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
M30002
Found them on eBay from a GM dealer. Been a week and they are supposedly shipped but no tracking number yet...

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Do not purchase SLP LT's from a vendor online. They say they have them but don't because they only order from SLP when people order from them. Held my money for a week, said it was shipped, before telling me they didn't have it. Go used.

Users who are viewing this thread