SLP exhaust

Cjavalanche

Established Member
have you heard any good or bad things about the SLP loudmouth exhaust w/ x pipe w/ race pipes?

cobra50

Established Member
SLP

I have the SLP With Off road X-pipe and Its loud as hell. It also Sounds bad. Guys on mustang exhaust say to get the SLP system with a H-pipe or ProChamber to make it sound better. So thats what im going to do.

spree

Established Member
don't mean to hijack this thread...but are there sound clips of an slp w/ factory h-pipe floating around? Is it louder than the stingers w/ a factory H?

edit: nevermind, found some using the search :read:

Last edited:

cobra50

Established Member
SLP

In my opinion, the SLP sounds better with the stock manifolds and H-pipe. Sounds alittle like flows. not as deep

ModMike1572

Established Member
Theres a sound clip of someone on here that has the slp catback and slp catted x. It sounds really badass. You should def listen to it. Do a search, you should be able to find it.

Wayneo

Established Member
In my opinion that sounds terrible:xpl: :xpl: :xpl:
Especially the cracklin when the rpms drop. Sounds a lot better on the f-body's and thats saying something. Not tying to flame anyone.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with the comment about the crackling. I don't like it at all. :-(

ModMike1572

Established Member
Ya i didnt like the crackling either, but that video of the blue 03 with the slp catback and slp catted x seemed not to crackle. I'll see if i can find it and post a link.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
The car was probably cold. It will crackle like that if cold. Also the O/R X doesnt help it either. An o/r H pipe would sound awsome

cobra50

Established Member
SLP

I have had my SLP system for 2 months now and it does not pop like that. I also hear that with the prochamber, it will have more of a tone to it and it also makes it a deeper sound. I am going to try that. Some people tell me that they like it. others say its too loud for everyday driving. only a couple of people have said it sounds like crap.

Cobrastruk04

I Have the SLP loudmouth on my 04 Cobra sounds beasty and mine only crackled for the first 200 miles it sounds great at cruise (2200-2600) i get a clip as soon as i buy a new battery for my cam :mj: besides no one talking about SLP, Fact i know a guy with a Stringer on his 04 we sound the same both same mods bottom line i payed 2 bills less

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by BayareaCob04
I Have the SLP loudmouth on my 04 Cobra sounds beasty and mine only crackled for the first 200 miles it sounds great at cruise (2200-2600) i get a clip as soon as i buy a new battery for my cam :mj: besides no one talking about SLP, Fact i know a guy with a Stringer on his 04 we sound the same both same mods bottom line i payed 2 bills less

If you don't mind me asking.... How much did you pay for the SLP Loudmouth? If you want, you can PM me the price, if you don't feel comfortable doing so in the thread... Also, where'd you get it from?

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
I love my SLP. I've had nothing but compliments. The longer I have it the more I like it. Great power gains and great quality. I believe I paid about $430 from pro3I through stangnet.com.

Lance

poppakap

The Anti Rice
Established Member
Originally posted by BayareaCob04

I agreaa with BayareaCob04, I heard his car at the track and I thought that it sounded good. I have always been against SLP products because of their f-body parts but his exhaust opened my mind up.

Users who are viewing this thread