Slot style maf ?

Pantera1

Established Member
So during install of my 2.9 crusher I installed a pmas slot style maf with the lethal performance adapter harness. I then wired in the iat sensor to to harness and installed it. The car will now start but die right away, if I disconnect the maf itll eventually start and idle. I'm getting codes for low voltage at maf/iat. Is there something o could have done wrong during install or is there something that needs to be changed in the tune for the new style maf?

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
The tune needs to be adjusted for the MAF. Anytime you change MAFs the tune needs to be tweaked.

However, even with an off tune you shouldn't be getting those codes. Double check your wiring and make sure everything is good.

cj428mach

Established Member
Your mad sensor might be to large when installed in the massive crusher housing. Most of us just run a stock gt500/4.6 3v sensor in that housing.

decipha

Established Member
the maf low voltage code should be there with the high flow slot sensor in a big housing when the minimum maf voltage hasn't been reduced in the tune.. thats normal

the iat code is a problem but is probably due to it being unplugged and setting a fault while you were tinkering

as has been stated anytime you modify the maf or inlet piping you need a revised tune

etp2828

Established Member
Was it the tune that needed to be changed in order to get it to idle and run? Mine runs seriously rich and then it will die. The rims bounce up and down.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread