Slightly used 2.9 Whipple offered to me, What ya think?

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Thanks for the advice fellas. I've seen that video before. It's funny as hell.

Looks like I'm another 2500 down now.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Love my Whipple! The cheapest entire FR750 polished kit I've seen was $6k from Tousley. Black was a little cheaper.

Buy it!

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I'm working out the details now. I am adding up the supporting mods vs. The blower port job. If it's gonna be substantial I may stay ported. I will let you know my final decision soon so maybe you guys will have a shot at it!

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I will keep you posted. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it. Just working out a few details on the supporting mods. If it does not work out I can give a referral to any birders on here. I will let my tuner know I can rid it for him before he ebays it. Or I could buy it and sell it for 50 bucks more just to cover the gas of going to get it and back! Lol

I'm 95% sure of getting it. Like I said, I'll have a stocker eaton with only 3k miles on it if I do this!

mike69440

Established Member
If you were going to port your Heaton.

I will keep you posted. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it. Just working out a few details on the supporting mods. If it does not work out I can give a referral to any birders on here. I will let my tuner know I can rid it for him before he ebays it. Or I could buy it and sell it for 50 bucks more just to cover the gas of going to get it and back! Lol

I'm 95% sure of getting it. Like I said, I'll have a stocker eaton with only 3k miles on it if I do this!

Just do it and get the Whipple. That way you proabably won't buy a 13 GT.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Are long tubes needed with the Whipple? I know they help pull heat but are they really needed at first?

jenkins_1120

Established Member
no thier not needed. Im sure alot of guys one here are running stock manifolds with upgraded S/C. I thought ive heard something about them only being good until 700ish HP. then thats when you would want to find some LTs

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
no thier not needed. Im sure alot of guys one here are running stock manifolds with upgraded S/C. I thought ive heard something about them only being good until 700ish HP. then thats when you would want to find some LTs

I didn't think it was necessary but I plan on doing them sooner or later anyways. Just trying to add up the mandatory supporting mods with the whipple. I know my tuner said dual 72mm frpp TB. He also said my steeda intake will be fine which I figured I would need a different one of those too, anyone else know this answer too? Steeda intake work with the whipple? Just working out the details... It sounds like I'm doing it aslong as its not too much more then my port job will be.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I didn't think it was necessary but I plan on doing them sooner or later anyways. Just trying to add up the mandatory supporting mods with the whipple. I know my tuner said dual 72mm frpp TB. He also said my steeda intake will be fine which I figured I would need a different one of those too, anyone else know this answer too? Steeda intake work with the whipple? Just working out the details... It sounds like I'm doing it as long as its not too much more then my port job will be.

Well not sure on a FRPP 72 TB, but Ford does make a mono blade, and the 65.3 and the 63.5 ones. As for the TB, I believe the Ford ones will do just fine. 65 or the monoblade.

The intake issue can be that considering how much power you want to put down, you could peg the 113 MAF on your steeda. Pegging your MAF could result in your TB closing up. I had a 113 FrPP intake, and tossed on a 127 JLT with a 63.5 TB to make sure my TVS breathed easy thru the ARH LT's. No bottlenecks.

So in the end, I guess it comes down to how much you want to put down. The whipple is more than capable to get you there, but you need to consider what supporting mods you may need.

Users who are viewing this thread