Slight wheel hop

canadiancobra

Established Member
Just got my car on the road last weekend and i am geting a bit of wheel hop not real bad but it is there in the first two gears when you hamer on it. The car has FLSFC. ford racing diff cover IRS brace and bushings with 315 nitto dr. The previos owner said that he got no wheel hop so i am woundering if it could be my cold weather. The temp this week is about 10 degrees above freezing so all the roads are still cold so was woundering that when things warm up if that will make a difference or do i need to make some changes thanks

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
a lot of wheel hop is due to tires. since my car is my DD, i dont run drag radials...but with the tires that i DO run (nexen n3000), i dont get hop too often. but then again, i rarely try to go WOT in 1st gear, because i learned a long time ago, you dont get anywhere and all you do is burn tires (so in other words, is kind of pointless). now 2nd gear is a whole other story! i still get some good spin in 2nd, but no where near as bad as 1st obviously. i cant remember the last time my car hopped in 2nd gear.

edit: my mods (just so you know) are very minimal and basic...and my car (like yours), is also a vert. still has the stock SFCs! ugh =/

2.8 upper, JLT RAI, steeda cat-back, and BAMA tuned.

:rockon:

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
yes it could be the cold weather...other than what you have you may want to start thinking about the full tilt bushings

2SlwPgy

Established Member
I have pretty much the same mods, but I have a coupe. If I go WOT in 1st in the cold it will spin, but with warm weather and the 555Rs it plants.

TRBO VNM

You main issue if there was none before is the cold roads. No grip, so it will tend to spin more and induce hop.

The FTBR kit is a great upgrade and much needed for anyone with an IRS and even more so if you have a lot of hop.

Doing a FTBR kit, adjustable shock and proper tire should eliminate hop. That is assuming you have lowered the car and have FLSFC.

Users who are viewing this thread