Sleeved short block +cpr kit

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im drawing a blank, whos MPS again?

my thing with the aluminator engines is I think they still use the same style Mahle piston which arent so great for an engine thats gonna get run hard and make big power.

ford20

Established Member
For me and my build JPC got me a 2011 block which has the larger head studs then the 13-14 blocks do which is a nice thing if you really want to try and make all of that power. I'm surprised if JPC quoted you with mahle pistons since almost all of the builds I have seen them use including mine were with Diamond pistons and mine has Mahle rods IIRC. In the end like crepwn said be careful of who you use for sleeving, some are better then others. RGR & MPR are the two that I had narrowed it down to before I even got any estimates. I figured if I was spending the kind of money that i was going to be spending, I would want the best in the business working on my car and I wasn't able to find much if any issues with those two. After speaking with JPC on the phone I went with them and I should have a hell of a N/A motor in a few weeks.

my thing with the aluminator engines is I think they still use the same style Mahle piston which arent so great for an engine thats gonna get run hard and make big power.

I think they had a grey Turbo 2011 that ran like a 7.8 or something, but outside of that I wouldn't know them from a hole in the wall, no offense.

F8L BYT

Established Member
MPR at that price is using a new block and a new crank, not re-using yours. I'd triple check the estimate if I were you.

As far as sleeves, well, I do believe that some builders have issues with sleeves dropping and that not all builders are equal in this department. Unless you have one of the major coyote players in your back yard I would not trust them to try and sleeve one of these blocks. I'd have no issues running an RGR setup but for my new stuff I went MPR.

You are correct, I just looked, It was $9,515 with a new block and crank... $1,195 for the block and $350 for the crank so subtracting that it's right ~$8,000 for their short block.

But yes I would be very careful choosing a shop to sleeve them. The ones I listed above are the only ones I would trust. If I decide to go with a more local place it will be Competition Automotive and Machine in KY. I' have two friends who used them and they look great, no gaps or anything. I definitely wouldn't just take it to any place

MPS is Modular Performance Solutions. Run by Jeremiah Hussey. I must also mention that the price I stated for him $6,700 was re-sleeved with his thicker sleeves and his own water jacket supports.

crazyrifle

Established Member
You are correct, I just looked, It was $9,515 with a new block and crank... $1,195 for the block and $350 for the crank so subtracting that it's right ~$8,000 for their short block.

But yes I would be very careful choosing a shop to sleeve them. The ones I listed above are the only ones I would trust. If I decide to go with a more local place it will be Competition Automotive and Machine in KY. I' have two friends who used them and they look great, no gaps or anything. I definitely wouldn't just take it to any place

MPS is Modular Performance Solutions. Run by Jeremiah Hussey. I must also mention that the price I stated for him $6,700 was re-sleeved with his thicker sleeves and his own water jacket supports.

Thank you i just ordered mps short block from armmagdon turbo

Users who are viewing this thread