Sleeved short block +cpr kit

crazyrifle

Established Member
Hi im looking for a sleeved short block i know theres a lot of company doing them like l&m 2- levrnois 3- mps 4- mmr 5- rgr i just ordered a cpr turbo kit and im looking for 1000 rwhp and reliable short block for daily use any recommendation well be helpful thank you

GBCoyote

Established Member
MPR out of Florida, they're about to make 10k from me lol. L&M I hear good things about also.

onefastmf

Established Member
I have a cpr and a mmr sleeved motor and everything have been good so for, only got a couple hundred miles on it. but i know the price between is MPR and MMR is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
MPR out of Florida, they're about to make 10k from me lol. L&M I hear good things about also.

thats who just did the motor for my Mach, attention to detail appears to be top notch. You get what you pay for IMHO.

Theres a reason they had somewhere around 50 blocks waiting to be built when I dropped mine off last year

Last edited:

13 GT/CS

Established Member
Heard good things about MPR as well but I decided to go to L&M. Have over 5k miles on the build with zero issues. Awesome company and group of guys, like stated above you get what you pay for. Rather pay more one time instead of doing it twice.

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
Heard good things about MPR as well but I decided to go to L&M. Have over 5k miles on the build with zero issues. Awesome company and group of guys, like stated above you get what you pay for. Rather pay more one time instead of doing it twice.

About how much did they charge? What all did you have done?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
any of the big name places like MPR, L&M etc... are gonna have long waits and it seems like most of them severely under estimate their own lead times

Flcracker

Established Member
I'm in the process of deciding where to spend my money on a short block. I'm curious about the price difference between MPR and MMR on a sleeved short block. I'm convinced that sleeving the block is the only way to go.

GBCoyote

Established Member
I suggest you do some research on both companies to get a good background. There's a reason I'm going with MPR. I'm looking at 9550 for my shortblock from MPR. Rated for 1500hp.

ford20

Established Member
I went with JPC/RGR for my sleeved shortblock. The only 2 shops I would trust would be RGR & MPR. L&M is also one of my top choices, but they weren't very responsive when I was looking to get a motor done. JPC was always on point and was always easy to get in touch with in regards to the motor. Their communication has always been great!

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
How often are you actually going to turn the boost up?

An alternative is to buy the '16 Aluminator shortblock, which should be good up to 1000rwhp. I know for sure that you can buy them in the low 5k range shipped from Tasca Steve.

Seems like a decent deal, especially if you add in water jacket supports as a bit of added insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Also, I think the Aluminator comes with a 2 or 3 year warranty as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F8L BYT

Established Member
L&M was $9500

MPR was $9515

RGR/JPC was $7800

MPS was $6700

I am either going with MPS or going to have a local shop do it....... Also All of these quotes were for a complete shortblock supplying them with my block and crank. Good for 1500+ (Sleeved, Manley billet I beams, Manley or Ross pistons, and all the good bearings etc)

IMO there is nothing that better about the MPR or L&M engine to make it cost so much more, it kind of annoyed me they were so much higher. Especially since the RGR and MPS engines have been proven in the boosted coyote class running 7's

Last edited:

corepwn

Established Member
L&M was $9500

MPR was $9515

RGR/JPC was $7800

MPS was $6700

I am either going with MPS or going to have a local shop do it....... Also All of these quotes were for a complete shortblock supplying them with my block and crank. Good for 1500+ (Sleeved, Manley billet I beams, Manley or Ross pistons, and all the good bearings etc)

IMO there is nothing that better about the MPR or L&M engine to make it cost so much more, it kind of annoyed me they were so much higher. Especially since the RGR and MPS engines have been proven in the boosted coyote class running 7's

MPR at that price is using a new block and a new crank, not re-using yours. I'd triple check the estimate if I were you.

As far as sleeves, well, I do believe that some builders have issues with sleeves dropping and that not all builders are equal in this department. Unless you have one of the major coyote players in your back yard I would not trust them to try and sleeve one of these blocks. I'd have no issues running an RGR setup but for my new stuff I went MPR.

Users who are viewing this thread