Skyline vs 03 cobra

javierrflores

svt
Established Member
saw a trckload of 09 skyline gt's on the way to the dealer. what are the outcomes vs a stock 03/04 cobra coupe or vert and what is the recipe for assured success?

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
saw a trckload of 09 skyline gt's on the way to the dealer. what are the outcomes vs a stock 03/04 cobra coupe or vert and what is the recipe for assured success?

icon_nuts.gif

onemean460

Established Member
stock o3-04 cobra = lunch meat

pully exhaust, tune cai 03-04 cobra = really good run but still an afternoon snack for a gt-r

kb, whipple cobra = gtrs worst possible nightmare

Fuerza

Established Member
stock o3-04 cobra = lunch meat

pully exhaust, tune cai 03-04 cobra = really good run but still an afternoon snack for a gt-r

kb, whipple cobra = gtrs worst possible nightmare

I think a pullied Cobra may stand a chance. I mean in the video forum there is a stock C6 Z06 beating a new GTR. I would say drivers race for a pullied Cobra, and an easy defeat for a KB/Whipple Cobra. Stock Cobra would loose. :dw:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm not too worried about lining up with one of those:-D. I think a pullied cobra would fair pretty good up top. I heard those cars don't have much after 100mph. I guess we will see when the vids start poping up.....

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Ok....don't know why my post was deleted. Stock for stock it would be a drivers race in the 1/4. No one is putting up the 1/4 times that were first reported for the skyline. A road race the cobra would get killed. Your comparing a new car with a 60k+ pricetag to a 6 year old muscle car. I'm not sure what you are looking for here.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
ok....don't know why my post was deleted. Stock for stock it would be a drivers race in the 1/4. No one is putting up the 1/4 times that were first reported for the skyline. A road race the cobra would get killed. Your comparing a new car with a 60k+ pricetag to a 6 year old muscle car. I'm not sure what you are looking for here.

+1

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
I dont know but I hope I get to find out soon.

What kind of basic bolt ons you think the GT-R will be able to do?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I dont know but I hope I get to find out soon.

What kind of basic bolt ons you think the GT-R will be able to do?

We got one that drives by my place every day....daddy owns the dealership. I think he just got it 10 days ago.

Since it's got a turbo you probably just need to turn the boost up a little. Supposedly their computers are tough to tune. Nissan usually builds a pretty stought engine that will take some boost.

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I do the mod's just don't like you... J/K

11.9 @122 stock ... thats sick

Thats my point....we all heard claimed 11.5-11.9 times before production but guys who are running them are reporting 12's and saying the car/trans doesn't like doing multiple runs. I'll try and find the write up about the multiple runs. I know one mag overheated the trans after 7 launches with the launch control on. Traps have been all over the place from 112-124...thats a huge difference.

PS...Maybe they don't.

Last edited:

CLOCKWO12K

Custom User Title
Established Member
it would take a little less mods than it would take you to beat a stock z06.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
saw a truckload of 09 skyline gt's on the way to the dealer. what are the outcomes vs a stock 03/04 cobra coupe or vert and what is the recipe for assured success?

Just curious. Is your '03 Terminator stock or near stock? Sounds like you're wanting to be prepared. ;-)

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
There is a Edmunds video clip I watched, they stated it was the fastest car they ever tested. they also commented that they only would do two passes , for fear of breaking stuff.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
KB or whipple and bye bye and hey they cant even mod them unless they want to throw the warranty out the window so dont worry about them coming back modded...................................

Although I would love to have one so bad ass, who needs warranty these days anyway my cobra has only been in for the few recalls thats it in 5yrs

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
define truckloads of skylines shipping to the dealership? I was under the impression that this was a very limited production model run so the odds of lining up against one at a stop light is not that high...

Users who are viewing this thread