Skip Barber Racing School...Anyone ever attended?

lilcoop03

Established Member
I really want to attend a Skip Barber Racing School 3 day event at Road Atlanta. After reading experiences and testimonials, I am very interested and it sounds like it would be a blast...I have also read that they can give you a letter of recommendation to get your SCCA racing license.

Have any of you ever attended one of these? I have done the Richard Petty driving experience before and it was very fun, but I want to get into road course racing. I have since I was a kid and now I just may be able to afford it..

Also, I understand that they do offer discounts sometimes and wanted some advice on ways to achieve that as well.

I hope many of you can chime in on this!

oldmodman

Established Member
Yes.

So long ago I don't even remember what year it was. But I remember it was right before the first Long Beach Grand Prix because a couple of the teams were practicing where the Barber school was being held. Willow Springs.
I only had the money for the introductory one day school. I remember that at the time it was only $85.00 and I got to drive a Formula Ford.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I wish it was still $85! Looks like the single day now is around $600. I believe Road Atlanta is the SBRS headquarters and you can take it in either the Mazda Miatas or the Formula 2000 open wheel cars. Pricing looks the same between the two, just offered at different times of the year.

Looks like regular price for the 3 day class is well over $4k...but I have been reading about discounts they sometimes offer where it can be done for under $3k or even cheaper than that when they try to fill open seats just a couple of weeks before the event kind of like how cruise lines do..

Users who are viewing this thread