Skinnies for a Daily Driver???

gtpowered4.6l

Established Member
I just put my Centerline Warriors on with Nitto DR's out back. I really am digging the look. With my Cobras on it was just that, another cobra with wheels. Now my car has a new "appeal" too it. I have only had em on for about 4 hours and I am getting thumbs up and probably at least 5 compliments from strangers. I am really debating on keeping them on all the time. My car is driven every day with the exception of snow. I was even thinking about getting 2 more for the rear and putting street tires on em. What do you guys think?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Its cool until you have to do some pretty evasive manuevers and they fold over under and you almost wreck...

Been there done that. Never again.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I drove the hell out of my 89 with skinnies on it. Didn't bother me it drove great. My 91 with skinnies drives like crap but it doesn't have power steering either. If you can handle loosing the handling I would go for it its all about being different:beer:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
The handling wont be as good, but still can be done, Just take turns and ramps slower until your straightened out. Just if the car gets loose, its not as easy to recover it

inzane99

Inzane SVT Poster
Established Member
My car is a daily driver and I always get thumbs up. The younger kids always say it would look better with some 20's :dw::dw:
Your handeling will be affected, you cant take a turn as fast like you would with the stockers. Post some pics of your car!!

Picture020.jpg

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Too each his own I guess. I would keep the skinnies for the track. Proper set up for driving on the street so the car could be driven to what it was designed for. Power and great handling.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
STUPID.

Try braking hard with skinnies. You'll be into abs constantly.

This is a terrible idea.

drptitan

Established Member
Its ok just city driving but once you get up high in some roll races it gets a little uncomfortable. I used to have them on my hatch and freeway runs scared the shit out of me!!!

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
doesnt sound too smart... a friend of mine had one of his skinny wheels fail just turning out of his driveway and the company he bought them from tried to blame it on him driving on them all the time. Not to say that is common, but from what they said, those wheels are not meant to handly road terrain, only the next to flawless patch of drag strip. To each their own, just be careful

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i wouldn't do it lol. you can always say that you'll just "take it easy"or "drive more cautiously" but you never know what can happen when you put other drivers in the mix

gtpowered4.6l

Established Member
i drove today with them on in the rain and while the car did great, I can see that if something were to abruptly happen, I would be shit outta luck. I will probably be using these just for the track

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
the fox guys do it all the time. Go 4 it

NXSVTCOBRA

Street strip car? yes. Drag car? yes. Weekend car? yes. daily driver? definately not.

Can't stop for shyt, can't take off ramps like you should be able to, highway speeds over a period of time gets kinda iffy. I wouldn't do it on a daily driver. I did it back in high school. But now? no

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
I drove with mine on, but not as a daily driver, but didn't have any issues. Stay away from the cheapies.... or you might get this! People have told me this is cause of no quality control... or our cars are just too heavy. Good luck either way ;)

IMG_1207-vi.jpg

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
STUPID.

Try braking hard with skinnies. You'll be into abs constantly.

This is a terrible idea.

Exactly. I've driven on the street to go to and from the track, or to a Saturday night hangout and it's an uneasy feeling. Braking sucks, taking a turn sucks, at highway speeds the car feels unstable. It's bad enough for a short trip, but to do it on a daily basis would be dangerous.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Man I've almost bought it a few times because the dinky stock tire on my Accord couldn't bite enough. I would be terrified to run something narrow on my Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread