Size of Round Race Car Door Numbers

RogerTx

Established Member
I want to put a removable number (#48, of course) on my 2000R's door for certain events. I assume it might be vinyl and is easily removed on and off.

I would like the background to be round and white and the numbers to be black. If any of you have a certain number like I am talking about, can you measure the diameter of the circle and the letter height you have (a pic would be nice also). My son has a company at the shop he works at that will make the numbers.

Thanks!

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Cobrakidz and I were just talking about this too. We are both having meatballs made for our R cars. We like the look of Steve's (Steve121) on his car, and we think they are about 15 to 16" diameter circles....

We used this pic of his car, and compared them to the body lines on our cars.

2airgci.jpg

Last edited:

RogerTx

Established Member
Great, this is good information. I found some dealers on the web that had 15/16 inch diameters, so I thought that might be near what I wanted. This will help out a bunch now that I see this on a 2000R. Thanks!

RogerTx

Established Member
Those two pictures of 00 and 121 enlarged seem to show the diameter to be 15 to 16 inches. Tomorrow in the daylight, I will look more closely at my car and have the pictures in front of me to scale the view.

Last edited:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I was thinking 16", let us know what you find out.....I guess we could always PM Steve. haha

steve121

Established Member
The black border is an 18" diameter with the white at 17 1/4. I tried to scale it based on pictures of Ford's prototype car. The numbers are just over 10" tall to make them legal for NASA events.

20090923_BMW_WGI_GRP1_3257.jpg

steve121

Established Member
Thanks, Steve! :beer:

Thanks Steve.......

Guys,
I just remebered when I changed my hood to a fuctional heat extraction unit from HO fibertrends (great quality) I scaled the hood graphics down so that the largest diameter was 17" insted of 18". That helped to be able to install it over the curves in the hood without any wrinkles.

Be sure to post some pictures when you get the job done.

Steve

RogerTx

Established Member
My son just called and said our "numbers" will be ready Thursday. :banana: :rockon: :D

Well, next Thursday has slipped until tomorrow (2 weeks late), so I hope I am pleased with the results. I did not think it would be a big deal to make such an easy project! Hopefully I will have some good results.

Anybody else get any made that were going to make some?

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
We had ours done at a local print shop--$45/pr. They are static cling too, easily come off when needed.

RogerTx

Established Member
Finally got my numbers. Decided on adhesive type that can be removed later if I want. $72 for the three. 17 inches in diameter. When it cools down below 80's here in the evenings, I will apply them.

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.gif

Users who are viewing this thread