Sittiing Truck Im looking to Drive again

99lightning

Established Member
I am going to drive my father's old 99 Lightning that was daily driven from 1999 when my father got it up until March of 2017 when it sat until now. In between those times, we would maybe drive it 20 miles a year but turn it on once every 2-4 weeks, it sits at 130k miles with some mods like a tune, lower and upper pulley (unsure of what size) K&N Cold Air, headers, and a Magnaflow exhaust. We got an oil change and tranny flush done 2 weeks ago and this week I changed the air filter as it was 20 years old and supercharger oil, when I drove the truck yesterday it gave me low fuel warning and read empty until I turned it off and turned it on where it went away and read full, and continued to read full even after 12 miles I drove, it then turned on service engine soon light so I plugged in the reader and it gave me 4 codes, p0460 (reads: Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit.). p1000 (reads: OBD Systems Readiness Test not complete). p0153(reads: 02 Sensor Circuit Slow Response Bank 2 Sensor 1). p0155(reads: no description avaliable.) I plan on changing the 02 sensor and fuel filter this week, but I'm mostly looking for suggestions from somebody as to what should be my next move moving forward. Another mention is that the truck runs very rich and I barely hear any super charger whine.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
P0155 is also b2 s1 o2 sensor.

I’d say replace that sensor, check wiring while you’re down there. Then I’d clear the codes and drive it around on the easy side with a full tank of fresh fuel.

The 1000 code I wouldn’t worry about for now.

Blower whine is make the bypass is moving freely by hand and then open the tb by hand and see if it’s moving.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You need to just drive to make the 1000 go away. I agree on the bypass. It's usually a diaphragm looking deal with a rod coming out of it on the back of the blower. How old is the gas?

99lightning

Established Member
will do on the sensor , i'll have to take the blower to somebody as id rather play it safe , the fuel is 2 weeks old filled it up on supreme from chevron .

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
will do on the sensor , i'll have to take the blower to somebody as id rather play it safe , the fuel is 2 weeks old filled it up on supreme from chevron .

the bypass valve actuator is no big deal - it's right there on the side of the blower. You can gently move it up or down (cant remember which position it rests in) by hand. Then with the truck running if you snap the throttle body open by rotating the linkage you should see that bypass move/the arm rotate.

if the blower isnt making boost its either 1) the bypass 2) a vacuum issue 3) belt/tensioner. If its not sounding like a box of rocks its not a mechanical issue with the blower itself

the fuel level sending unit may free up with some driving around and the fresh fuel, might make a note of the odometer at each fillup but wouldnt worry about that for a bit

99lightning

Established Member
got it man thanks , much appreciated . If anyone else has any suggestions or comments please reply to this thread .

hotcobra03

Established Member
I drop fuel tank and do pumps,

I pull super charger and clean intercooler,

New plugs and ford coils

Check all calipers are working,
Lube guide pins ,

Set of shocks

Fan belts and idler pulleys,

O2 sensors just do all 4.

Than drive it.

Sure a few bugs will appear than fix as you go,