Site Infected?

CV355

_
Established Member
Re-enabled all of my ad-blocking apps and firewall settings. Problem vanished. Verdict: Some of the ads on the site are crap.

Blades

Established Member
Using Chromium (which is the base of Chrome).. Win7. 128gb ram.. tons of tabs open.. No problems yet. No problems on Linux (Mint) either. Tho I will say... Chromium and it's derivatives are resource hogs. I have no flash plugins installed as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had FF unti about January of this year. God DAMN it feels good to not have to deal with its bloated ass anymore.
That's why I dropped it completely. I don't even have it on my computer as a potential "go to" backup. I was a FF fan for many years, but I've happily switched to Chrome which is faster, leaner, and easier to use overall. The ONLY thing I miss with FF are the large assortment of FF add-ons.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’ll be honest, I hate chrome. It’s fast, but I can’t stand the layout.
Maybe I'm just acclimated to the Chrome layout after years of using the FF layout. Now, I prefer it. Everything, for me, is faster and easier with Chrome. Again, maybe I've just completely adapted to the layout. Hey, that's why we have options. Different strokes for different folks. You love FF and hate Chrome. I hate FF and love Chrome. Both have their loyal following. :cool:

EDIT: After reading up on Firefox Quantum (Mozilla's new browser), it appears that Quantum is much leaner than Chrome, uses less memory, and is faster. I'm going to at least take a look at it since I haven't used Firefox for at least 3 years.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just installed Firefox Quantum and I can see some subtle, positive changes. One negative I encountered right away was keystroke lag. With Chrome, no lag. With Quantum, sometimes while I type the characters don't display for 1-3 seconds. What's up with that? I'll continue to play around with it.

EDIT: Found the keystroke lag culprit. An ad! The only way I could get rid of the annoying lag was to install AdBlock. In addition, an SVTP page went into a constant load (with a warning from Firefox that a web page was slowing down the browser). Eventually the page just froze (ad was frozen, too) and I had to close the tab and re-open it. With AdBlock, no lag at all and no web page load slowness. Now THAT sucks!

Last edited:

CV355

_
Established Member
I'm glad you brought that up- I was having the keystroke lag issue too. I had to put adblock back on to view the site, but I whitelisted the normal vendor ads because I use those as links sometimes anyways.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's strange, too, is that I'm a Premium Member. Are maybe some unauthorized ads getting through the gates unbeknownst to the Admins?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I've been experiencing the keystroke lag on Firefox Quantum, too. I thought it was because the batteries in my keyboard are on the way out. I run ad block software full-time. I get the long loading bar on SVTP, but the pages still load quickly. Like said, it's probably an ad trying to bogart its way in but can't. It eventually times out after a couple of minutes without disrupting what I actually want to see/read.

Coosawjack

Established Member
I went from Chrome with extensions to BRAVE and have not had a problem in 3+ weeks!!:D

Check out the Statistics especially the BLOCKED TRACKERS!!:eek:
Screen Shot 05-24-18 at 09.05 AM.PNG

MFE

Established Member
Maybe I'm just acclimated to the Chrome layout after years of using the FF layout. Now, I prefer it. Everything, for me, is faster and easier with Chrome. Again, maybe I've just completely adapted to the layout. Hey, that's why we have options. Different strokes for different folks. You love FF and hate Chrome. I hate FF and love Chrome. Both have their loyal following. :cool:

EDIT: After reading up on Firefox Quantum (Mozilla's new browser), it appears that Quantum is much leaner than Chrome, uses less memory, and is faster. I'm going to at least take a look at it since I haven't used Firefox for at least 3 years.

Quantum sucked just as much memory dick as the prior versions. It was the final straw for me.

Users who are viewing this thread