sink money into car or get a new car

bumsoil

Established Member
I have a build planned. every part picked out and quotes for machine work.
build is as follows:
MMR900 bottom end (oil pimp, arp studs etc)
ON3 turbo kit with 76mm turbo
60lb injectors
T56
100 shot nitrous

and more.

plan is to make around 700 wheel with this setup, BUT im worried it wont be as much fun after I have it for a while. things breaking, no able to put power down ANYWHERE. etc.

im starting to think I should build the motor and run a blower or turbo at low boost and make 450ish. one of the things I like about my car is reliability. I make ALMOST 300 wheel with 165k and never break down. I drift daily, I race every weekend and I constantly keep up on maintenance. I love this car and im worried I might ruin it with a crazy setup when I could just get a termi and make 600hp .

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Tough decision really. I like fun horsepower. To me 450 would be fun. 700 would be hard to use on the street and harder to maintain. I think the issue is that most people can't just stop, they have to have more and you end up dumping a ton of money in a car without meaning to.

If you are planning on keeping your car and getting another Cobra to play with, i think that is a good idea personally. You can have a play car and then one that would be your "reliable" car. Or if you don't get to wild they both can be pretty reliable.

best of luck!

MysticChaos

Established Member
Tough decision really. I like fun horsepower. To me 450 would be fun. 700 would be hard to use on the street and harder to maintain. I think the issue is that most people can't just stop, they have to have more and you end up dumping a ton of money in a car without meaning to.

If you are planning on keeping your car and getting another Cobra to play with, i think that is a good idea personally. You can have a play car and then one that would be your "reliable" car. Or if you don't get to wild they both can be pretty reliable.

best of luck!
+1

redrocket16

Established Member
I enjoy the hell out of my 450 rwhp car. I might build the car for 700 and detune it to 500 so it is fairly reliable and can be turned up if desired.

96Mystic1189

Established Member
You know this kind of thing boggles me too. Yeah we can have 450rwhp conservative sn95 cars and they can be a blast, but I used to watch my buddy daily drive his 650rwhp 03 cobra and never have and issue and thats what makes those cars so appealing to me.

bumsoil

Established Member
I may end up not building and just getting a low mile mystachrome termi in a few years. I still plan to run nitrous, that's what has me worried about building.

Last edited:

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
There are more and more termi swapped and even coyote swapped sn95 cars out there. I say keep yours, save up, and watch for something like that to come along. Folks will expect your 03/04 to be fast, but I think it would be cool as hell to surprise a few people with a swap car, plus you keep the sn95 body style that's a big deal to me at least.

MysticChaos

Established Member
There are more and more termi swapped and even coyote swapped sn95 cars out there. I say keep yours, save up, and watch for something like that to come along. Folks will expect your 03/04 to be fast, but I think it would be cool as hell to surprise a few people with a swap car, plus you keep the sn95 body style that's a big deal to me at least.
Agreed! That's my long term goal.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You know this kind of thing boggles me too. Yeah we can have 450rwhp conservative sn95 cars and they can be a blast, but I used to watch my buddy daily drive his 650rwhp 03 cobra and never have and issue and thats what makes those cars so appealing to me.

Daily driving a 650rwhp car is easy, getting that power to connect to the pavement is another story however. IF the suspension is modded to hook that power, the ride goes to shit and in some cases the handling.

Users who are viewing this thread