Single Turbo Time, 76/75?

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I finally made the decision to sell the Whipple setup and go turbo. I’m trying to pick out a quick spooling turbo for a single kit. What is everyone’s experience with a Precision 76/75 and what AR? Should I be looking into other turbochargers?

Setup:

CG Fab Single turbo hot: 1 5/8” Primaries, 3/8” flanges in mild steel, ceramic coated
CG Fab cold side
MM K member kit
Fresh CNC’d 9 Thread C heads with upgraded springs and bronze valve guides
Todd Warren Spec’d turbo cams
Billet Oil Pump and Steel Tensioners
ARP Head Studs
Division X return fuel hat with Twin 465lph pumps, -8 feed and -6 return, Division X Rails and fuel regulator
Mach 1 intake manifold
Built TR3650 and built rear with 3.55’s

Will eventually transition to MS3 standalone.
PFA
IMG_0033.JPG

LS WUT

Established Member
Buddy runs twins, I’ll ask him for his set up and thoughts. I want to say he’s running 64/66 though? I’ll get back to you bud!

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
I have a billet wheel pt7675 .96Ar 4in down pipe bumper dump. Stock motor I'm fully spooled by 4900rpm. I'm pushing 27psi making 950/986 with a 4v NA manifold.

I was looking at 72-74mm turbos that are fully spooled around 3800-4000. I'd be plenty happy with 800-900hp 1000rpm sooner.

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
Gonna sell it, it’s a Gen 1 2.3 Sbtb inlet that’ll come with a Whipple 3.5 Pulley and a new Griptec 3.0 pulley. Not sure what the market is like for it
we spoke on fb but if youre interested i have my old single cg fab turbo kit with gen1 7675dbb pte i have the merge pipe down pipe intercooler and cold side from turbo to ic im looking for a whipple/vmp for my terminator notch swap lmk

causajt

Established Member
I’m a 7675 precision journal bearing. .96 ar. Didn’t finish tuning because my short block was a dud but made 700hp on only 17 psi and 16 degrees timing on 93.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03machstock

Established Member
I finally made the decision to sell the Whipple setup and go turbo. I’m trying to pick out a quick spooling turbo for a single kit. What is everyone’s experience with a Precision 76/75 and what AR? Should I be looking into other turbochargers?

Setup:

CG Fab Single turbo hot: 1 5/8” Primaries, 3/8” flanges in mild steel, ceramic coated
CG Fab cold side
MM K member kit
Fresh CNC’d 9 Thread C heads with upgraded springs and bronze valve guides
Todd Warren Spec’d turbo cams
Billet Oil Pump and Steel Tensioners
ARP Head Studs
Division X return fuel hat with Twin 465lph pumps, -8 feed and -6 return, Division X Rails and fuel regulator
Mach 1 intake manifold
Built TR3650 and built rear with 3.55’s

Will eventually transition to MS3 standalone.
PFA
View attachment 1783141
How’s the build coming? Does the MM K member work for other the CG fab headers?

robvas

Established Member
I run a low mount single turbo on my 98. No swaybar.
It's actually not bad at all, I dont really notice that it is missing.

What struts and springs are you running?

Some people make it sound like the car is going to flip over without the sway bar connected. I wonder if they have 90/10 struts and drag springs or what.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What struts and springs are you running?

Some people make it sound like the car is going to flip over without the sway bar connected. I wonder if they have 90/10 struts and drag springs or what.

I currently have Bilsteins struts and a MM coilover kit up front. 350# springs which is not even close to the correct rate. I have a pair of 275# springs to go on though.
I bought the CO kit used here on SVTP.

Users who are viewing this thread