Single Turbo RB26 + External Wastegate = Music

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
ok ok...it's not a turbo coyote or terminator....but I think it sounds awesome!

My old Procharged Cobra got looks for sounding like a jet, this gets looks for different reasons...but I love it!

[video=youtube;_5CvN83d5Cg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5CvN83d5Cg[/video]

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I must be getting old. Highway pulls are one thing, but driving like that on back roads with houses right along the road, or with a kid in the car, or on surface streets with other cars all around is pretty shitty.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I must be getting old. Highway pulls are one thing, but driving like that on back roads with houses right along the road, or with a kid in the car, or on surface streets with other cars all around is pretty shitty.

So you mean, don't drive the car anywhere? The car was made for stuff like back roads. My kid had a blast, and it was only a 2nd gear pull.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I have been in a 575whp RB26 Sileighty and it was nuts. The front end was so high in the air I couldn't even see the road, just remember the feeling and sound.

D1SC_GT

Banned

So highway pulls with dozens of cars around is "one thing", but doing it on a back road (which I assume the driver is familiar with) with zero traffic.....is "shitty"?

I hope that I dont turn into a pussy when I get older

Ackbar00

The Peoples Choice
Established Member
so highway pulls with dozens of cars around is "one thing", but doing it on a back road (which i assume the driver is familiar with) with zero traffic.....is "shitty"?

I hope that i dont turn into a pussy when i get older

lol

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
So you mean, don't drive the car anywhere? The car was made for stuff like back roads. My kid had a blast, and it was only a 2nd gear pull.

At 2:15 you're flying (And don't tell me you're not, everyone can clearly hear the wastegate open through the "SCREAMER PIPE" as you advertise it) down a 2 lane road with oncoming traffic on one side and houses right alongside the road on the other. It only takes a second for a kid or dog to run out from a driveway or from behind the fence that you pass. Seems like really poor judgement to me.

So highway pulls with dozens of cars around is "one thing", but doing it on a back road (which I assume the driver is familiar with) with zero traffic.....is "shitty"?

I never said anything about dozens of cars on a highway, and the video clearly shows traffic on the roads that he's on. Perhaps you should review it again.

I hope that I dont turn into a pussy when I get older

Maybe you should worry less about that and worry more about getting your top secret 13 second grudge race car back together.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
At 2:15 you're flying (And don't tell me you're not, everyone can clearly hear the wastegate open through the "SCREAMER PIPE" as you advertise it) down a 2 lane road with oncoming traffic on one side and houses right alongside the road on the other. It only takes a second for a kid or dog to run out from a driveway or from behind the fence that you pass. Seems like really poor judgement to me.

If you call 45-55mph flying, then yes I was. The wastegate opens starting around 10psi...that doesn't mean I'm going full throttle or being reckless. I know the the road well and I know my car's limits.

D1SC_GT

Banned
Maybe you should worry less about that and worry more about getting your top secret 13 second grudge race car back together.

But anything faster will obviously piss you off and tell me to slow down. I think you're confused....this is SVTPerformance, not AARP

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
But anything faster will obviously piss you off and tell me to slow down. I think you're confused....this is SVTPerformance, not AARP

Every vehicle in my signature would drag your "grudge car."

Users who are viewing this thread