Silverado SS

rphinney

Established Member
Is chevy making it in Reg cab now? I have seen two trucks reg. cab with the badging around town here? I also heard it was supposed to be getting the LS2 anyone know about any of this? I know for 2006 they where going to 2WD and dropping the AWD for price reasons.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
In the new issue of truck trend the mention a RC SS truck.....not sure if they are going to make it though...they do test a 2wd EXT cab still is a high 14 sec truck...

rphinney

Established Member
I dont think it was a joe gibbs edition, it had the funny exhaust looking things in the front and definetly had SS on the front /lower door. The Ext cab one will always be a dog.

O and it had the SS wheels on it as well.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
It might have been a Regency truck.......It has the SS front and rear bumpers...with 20' chrome Foose speedster 6s.....They come in black with red stipes and red with black stripes....

SSCUSTOM6.0

Established Member
give it time when chevy actually does wisen up and build a true ss reg cab truck. they will be the quickest out there especially if they use fords go quick plan as in supercharger and which is the only thing that makes a stock ford even a little bit fast. take that thing off of there vehicles and then you have a slow ass vehicle.

Last edited:
LMAO, SSCUSTOM6.0 my advice to you is to never come back to this site because Im almost positive just about everyone hates you after that comment! So staying here would just be a waste of our and your time.......o and because we are mature here, HAVE A NICE DAY!

SSCUSTOM6.0

Established Member
SID297 said:
I like the SS, it's a nice truck. That being said, I don't believe it should be called an SS.
i do to but they are not a true ss that gm is used to because they are not really the quick stock but still look awesome

SSCUSTOM6.0

Established Member
2004SVTLightnin said:
LMAO, SSCUSTOM6.0 my advice to you is to never come back to this site because Im almost positive just about everyone hates you after that comment! So staying here would just be a waste of our and your time.......o and because we are mature here, HAVE A NICE DAY!

i am just trying to get everyone worked up i actualy like the lightning. the supercharger is actually a great ideal. i am just a die hard chevy fan and wish they would do the same thing to there vehicle. most of the ford guys i am around from are true dick heads about how bad ford is and how much chevy is so shitty. but actually ford only make 2 good vehicle that is the mustang and the lightning

SSCUSTOM6.0

Established Member
2004SVTLightnin said:
that would be badass to vehicle if you get to your goal of 600hp. are you going to make it a fully drag truck or leavin it street legal.

Im glad you arent hostile. Anyway, Im doin a manley built motor rated at 900hp and am goin to put a kenne bell with a few mods for the tranny, and it will be a daily driver, thanks though.

SSCUSTOM6.0

Established Member
that will be sweet good luck on the build
no hard feelings right.

i have a 6.0l in my truck right now, but i am in the process of building a 408 stroker. i am thinking of putting a twin turbo charger or just some kind of forced induction and about a 200 shot of wet nos.

Last edited:

rphinney

Established Member
The lightning is the first, the fastest simply put the only sport truck ever on the market. The supercharger combo is perfect for the application it has loads of low RPM Torque, exactly what you need in a 4500lb. truck.

SSCUSTOM6.0

Established Member
rphinney said:
The lightning is the first, the fastest simply put the only sport truck ever on the market. The supercharger combo is perfect for the application it has loads of low RPM Torque, exactly what you need in a 4500lb. truck.

true it was the first but if chevy ever supercharged there 5.3l reg cab truck it would be just as fast if not faster than lightning. if they supercharged the 6.0l ls2 in a reg cab truck it will be then it would definately be faster than the lightning. but the lightning is a great looking fast truck not to take anything away from it.

Last edited:

203Cree

Established Member
rphinney said:

Someone's forgetting about the Syclone's. They may not have been a fullsize, but they had beds and last time I checked, that makes them trucks. And I hate to say it, but it's the truth, stock for stock they'll run circles around us all day long.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
The Syclone/Typhoon was a great vehicle in it's day. But it was plain on the outside. I'm not saying i wouldn't own one though cause i sure would. But for what the Lightning is....speed, style, looks......A lightning is an all around great sport truck.

As far as brands....it doesn't matter to me if ya drive a Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan...etc. I like customizing and modding. Your truck represents your personality. So be proud!! :beer:

SSCUSTOM6.0

Established Member
SVTman75 said:
The Syclone/Typhoon was a great vehicle in it's day. But it was plain on the outside. I'm not saying i wouldn't own one though cause i sure would. But for what the Lightning is....speed, style, looks......A lightning is an all around great sport truck.

As far as brands....it doesn't matter to me if ya drive a Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan...etc. I like customizing and modding. Your truck represents your personality. So be proud!! :beer:

very well said that is the truth

rphinney

Established Member
SSCUSTOM6.0 said:
true it was the first but if chevy ever supercharged there 5.3l reg cab truck it would be just as fast if not faster than lightning. if they supercharged the 6.0l ls2 in a reg cab truck it will be then it would definately be faster than the lightning. but the lightning is a great looking fast truck not to take anything away from it.

"If" chevy would make a regular cab and not try to sell their "hot rod truck" to soccer mom's it could get out of the high 14's.

"If" ford put an Aluminum block and twin screw on a L it would run 12's (and still look better)

Lots of if's in the world huh? :beer:

I am as true a GM fan as anyone, but in the sport truck market chevy has missed the boat, why do you think they cut the AWD in the SS? To lower the cost so they could sell more of those POS things. Chevy will never step up and build a real sport truck. look up the Reg Cab they had at the 2002 Sema Show, it had a six speed plain interior and nearly 400HP and would have sold for no more than 30K. Did it ever make it to the market?

Keep holding your breath for a supercharged LS2, and have 911 on speed dial. Ford and chevy are notorious for making promises they cant keep.

Users who are viewing this thread