Silicone Wedding Ring

7upstang

Established Member
Just trying to see if anyone has made the switch over to a silicone wedding ring.

I'm on the fence about buying one. I cannot stand wearing jewelry at all, I don't own any jewelry, rings or necklaces. Heck I don't even own a watch (I used to have a pocket watch as a kid). Wearing my wedding ring bothers me since I can't stand having anything on my hand, since it feels restrictive.

Just curious before I pull the trigger if anyone else had the same issues. I just want something light weight and not noticeable at all (for myself).

Looking into the Groove Life.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
My wife bought me an Enso. Had it about a year. It is much tougher than I thought...hasn’t torn or ripped yet. Definitely comfortable too.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
We decided on Groove rings.

Super comfy, durable. I never take it off, like ever. I think it was maybe $40 and has a lifetime warranty.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Just trying to see if anyone has made the switch over to a silicone wedding ring.

I'm on the fence about buying one. I cannot stand wearing jewelry at all, I don't own any jewelry, rings or necklaces. Heck I don't even own a watch (I used to have a pocket watch as a kid). Wearing my wedding ring bothers me since I can't stand having anything on my hand, since it feels restrictive.

Just curious before I pull the trigger if anyone else had the same issues. I just want something light weight and not noticeable at all (for myself).

Looking into the Groove Life.
Its a good option if you're gay.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
How does a simple metal ring feel restrictive? Too tight?

Wearing a ring felt weird to me for a month and now it feels completely normal.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Maybe some of you ladies work in a hair salon. Some men work in very dangerous places for metal rings. Coworker lost everything but bone on his finger when I first joined the Navy to a forklift. Last year a pneumatic cylinder bent another coworkers ring and they had to cut it off because his finger was swelling. I have one to wear when I am at work, metal band when not at work. There are legit reasons....other than being a ***.

Coiled03

Established Member
Maybe some of you ladies work in a hair salon. Some men work in very dangerous places for metal rings. Coworker lost everything but bone on his finger when I first joined the Navy to a forklift. Last year a pneumatic cylinder bent another coworkers ring and they had to cut it off because his finger was swelling. I have one to wear when I am at work, metal band when not at work. There are legit reasons....other than being a ***.

If you work in that kind of environment, you shouldn't be wearing rings of any kind, wedding or otherwise. And if a metal ring feels restrictive, they have this thing called re-sizing.

I seriously don't understand the point of this thread lol.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you work in that kind of environment, you shouldn't be wearing rings of any kind, wedding or otherwise. And if a metal ring feels restrictive, they have this thing called re-sizing.

Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a rubber band where you can not wear a metal band. But I'd love to hear your reasoning.

96gt02

Established Member
I have a metal one that I rarely wear and a silicone enso one that I now wear almost 100% of the time, its much more comfortable plus I dont have to worry about my metal ring hitting my cars door or scratching the steering wheel anymore. Also its suprising durable ive done just about everything possible to it, held up to a wire brush when i got sealant in it and brake cleaner no problem

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a rubber band where you can not wear a metal band. But I'd love to hear your reasoning.

I've worked in acid areas and I wouldn't want acid to get up under it. I'm not in maintenance anymore, but I still won't wear anything like that at work since I still spend a good deal of time in the unit. No acid areas at the new place, but I wouldn't want any chemical under something I couldn't get off of me real quick.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I've worked in acid areas and I wouldn't want acid to get up under it. I'm not in maintenance anymore, but I still won't wear anything like that at work since I still spend a good deal of time in the unit. No acid areas at the new place, but I wouldn't want any chemical under something I couldn't get off of me real quick.
I can understand that in that situation. But usually the metal ones are dangerous when getting caught and pulled off or crushed. A plastic band would tear....no biggie....dirt cheap.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

Ding, ding, ding! You could also get a metal ring notched so it breaks away vice tearing off a finger....

Users who are viewing this thread