Silencer Holes on the S/C

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
no and no. some will say that you increase heat but I would think you would be needing to spin the blower close to capacity to really cause heat problems.

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
Does Steig fill in the silencer holes when you have your blower ported with them or do they just port the blower and match the TB?? Only reason im asking is because im thinking of sending mine off to them around the 1st of the year.

_XXX_

Established Member
I have heard of people doing this then having the filler fall out.... n we know what happens next.. not worth it...

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
There a how to on the best way to do this? Nothing like a pretty girl that screams louder than others ha ha. Buuuuut I don't wanna mess up a tolerance etc.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
id just have someone weld em...but thats me.

If they are welded the case in this area will warp or at least have a really good chance. Someone would need to check afterwards before the blower goes back on the truck to see if the tolerance is still there. Plus there will be weld on the inside of the case that will need to be cut out. It's not hard to do but just saying. Clearance should be .004" between rotor and case.

dynobobstieg

Does Steig fill in the silencer holes when you have your blower ported with them or do they just port the blower and match the TB?? Only reason im asking is because im thinking of sending mine off to them around the 1st of the year.

We do fill the silencer holes, as an option. Eaton stated to us they were put there just to silence the Eaton.
I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT WELDING! The Case Will Warp. Just my opionion from experience with the Eaton's and over 25 years of welding.
Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275
btw those are not correct rotor to case dimensions.

Last edited by a moderator:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
my AIT2 temps stayed the same when i plugged my holes... no issues here. i think i have a post here with before and after data that i gathered myself.

Users who are viewing this thread