• side exhaust

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • seats and harness

Votes: 22 88.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
I'm getting married in September and was going to do one last thing to the cobra. I was debating side exhaust or a set of racing seats/harnesses. If I do side exhaust, I'd have to switch out the subframe connectors, and even then..not sure how difficult it would be with the torque arm down the middle. What are my options on side skirts and exhaust tips? I really like the borla tips ppl are putting on the side exit...but i can't find them anywhere.

As for the seats, the ones I was looking at are the Corbeau LG1 in all black leather

Last edited:

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
Here's a pic of the exterior and interior to help with the poll

TheCobra015.jpg

TheCobra005.jpg

TheCobra007.jpg

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'd go with the seats. you already have the cage and your seats have some wear on them. side exhaust would look nice too though.

95riosnake

Established Member
I love my side exhaust, but I think in your situation I would go with the seats because of the following reasons:

1. Having to either modify or remove your SFC's
2. Trying to source either a used kit or make your own custom kit (takes some time and creativity)
3. Finding the tips (mine are from the original Borla kit), and the CDC oval-ish tips are very expensive
4. If you're looking to do a setup with side skirts, you are going to have a hard time finding SVO skirts, and I'm not a fan of the quality of the ABC Exclusive knock offs
5. You already have the roll bar with harness mount tube, so correctly installing the harnesses will be a walk in the park.
6. A nice set of aftermarket seats makes the car look so much nicer inside compared to cracked/wrinkled leather...not to mention the comfort. I have had my Corbeau TRS seats for about 2 years or so now and I love them :thumbsup:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Seats without question, then take it to some open track events and enjoy one of the nicest choices for open track Mustangs there is!

Do you have a Panhard rod or a Watts link to complement the torque arm? The reason I ask is the clearance for rear exit exhaust is sometimes eliminated, forcing a side exit arrangement.
If you are looking forward to killer handling from a full torque arm set up WITH a Panhard rod you may be looking at dumps without SFC changes.

Best of luck to you, a friend has a full Maximum Motorsport equipped, w/ coil overs, 98 Cobra, and he is fast as HELL! :beer:

Looks like you already have some badass Wilwoods on there, just add ducts and fresh fluid and have FUN!! I'm assuming you have the Teflon lined stainless hoses already.

Last edited:

BraMas

Established Member
Without a doubt seats. I have looked into the SVO side skirt thing before and it is hard to find any complete kits. Meaning skirts and exhaust. It looks great but just not worth all the searching and hoping you get good quality parts.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
seat, the ones you have are ready to be put to rest, it will really imporve the overall feel of the car.

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
Seats without question, then take it to some open track events and enjoy one of the nicest choices for open track Mustangs there is!

Do you have a Panhard rod or a Watts link to complement the torque arm? The reason I ask is the clearance for rear exit exhaust is sometimes eliminated, forcing a side exit arrangement.
If you are looking forward to killer handling from a full torque arm set up WITH a Panhard rod you may be looking at dumps without SFC changes.

Best of luck to you, a friend has a full Maximum Motorsport equipped, w/ coil overs, 98 Cobra, and he is fast as HELL! :beer:

Looks like you already have some badass Wilwoods on there, just add ducts and fresh fluid and have FUN!! I'm assuming you have the Teflon lined stainless hoses already.

Yeah I already have a Panhard rod. Actually, the car has a full Griggs racing suspension kit and tubular k member and a-arms.

I have dumps on it right now. I have custom exhaust done with hi-flow cats and single chamber flowmasters dumped right past the seats.

The Wilwood brakes were done by the previous owner...but I love them!

go for the seats. Btw, Stang is looking gooooood

Thanks man!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Seats and five point belts..

One thing people don't consider when going with a side exhaust, is the rear bumper has the cutouts for the tips, and now they wont be there. Unless you want to change out the rear bumper to a 6 cyl. bumper, it looks pretty awful if the tips aren't there....

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
I voted for the seats but I think your car looks great inside and out:rockon:

Thanks! I appreciate it! I think i'm leaning towards the seats too.

Seats and five point belts..

One thing people don't consider when going with a side exhaust, is the rear bumper has the cutouts for the tips, and now they wont be there. Unless you want to change out the rear bumper to a 6 cyl. bumper, it looks pretty awful if the tips aren't there....

actually there are no cutouts, i have dumps now
TheCobra010.jpg

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'm going to have to agree... running no tailpipes on these cars really did grow on me..and I absolutely love mine now!

Go with race seats IMO. Less of a hassle than dealing with your subframe connectors and whatnot..

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
I love my side exhaust, but I think in your situation I would go with the seats because of the following reasons:

1. Having to either modify or remove your SFC's
2. Trying to source either a used kit or make your own custom kit (takes some time and creativity)
3. Finding the tips (mine are from the original Borla kit), and the CDC oval-ish tips are very expensive
4. If you're looking to do a setup with side skirts, you are going to have a hard time finding SVO skirts, and I'm not a fan of the quality of the ABC Exclusive knock offs
5. You already have the roll bar with harness mount tube, so correctly installing the harnesses will be a walk in the park.
6. A nice set of aftermarket seats makes the car look so much nicer inside compared to cracked/wrinkled leather...not to mention the comfort. I have had my Corbeau TRS seats for about 2 years or so now and I love them :thumbsup:

This man speaks the troof! The svo skirts can be expensive if/when you find them. I sold a set on here for about $400ish shipped to the guy's door, and I spent the same amount buying a set for myself. 2 sets actually (long story :nonono:)

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
actually there are no cutouts, i have dumps now
TheCobra010.jpg

Ah, my bad, I was thinking of the 99 and up rear bumper..

Your car does look good without the tailpipes out back !!!

Instead of the SVO style side exhaust, why not just do the Borla/Bassani side exhaust like on the 2000 R, I'm assuming it would still fit your body sytle.

Users who are viewing this thread