Sick Week 2024

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
What the hell is it?

Sick Week 2024 Presented By Gear Vendors will see 350 of America’s quickest street cars descend on sunny Florida from January 28 to February 2 for five days of drag-and-drive competition. Racers set an average time at each drag strip across the week to determine their place, and must drive their cars between each track along a pre-determined route. Along the way, they will socialize, party and cruise with hundreds of other like-minded participants.

January 28 - Orlando Speed World, tech and testing

January 29 - Orlando Speed World, day one

January 30 - Bradenton Motorsports Park, day two

January 31 - Gainesville Raceway, day three

February 1 - South Georgia Motorsports Park, day four

February 2 - Orlando Speed World, day five

I'll be running, need to finish some bs and make some passes - decide if Im gonna stay 11.50 and slower or throw in a 6 point bar setup w/ a harness and be good to 10.0. The loose nut behind the wheel is definitely the biggest problem

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love these drag and drive events. Definitely my current favorite format of racing.

Just wish Tom and Steve could get their videos to 15 minutes or under. More than that and I go a little crazy listening to them two ramble. Not much content on YouTube worth more than 15 minutes of my life... lol

Good luck @DSG2003Mach1. What car/setup will you be running?? Bringing a merch trailer? lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
damnit I need to move down there. I wish I could try this

do a google search on drag and drives, pretty sure there's some FB groups as well. Sick The Magazine puts on several in different parts of the country and there other groups organizing them as well. All of them sell out fast though so gotta be ready on registration day. I got the early entry code from a buddy, that officially started at 9 but it let me in a few minutes earlier than that even.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
do a google search on drag and drives, pretty sure there's some FB groups as well. Sick The Magazine puts on several in different parts of the country and there other groups organizing them as well. All of them sell out fast though so gotta be ready on registration day. I got the early entry code from a buddy, that officially started at 9 but it let me in a few minutes earlier than that even.
Oh I know exactly what this is, I've been following this and race weeks for years. They had a race week like 2.0 up here the summer right after covid but I wasn't prepared for that. now all the tracks in my state are closed.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I love these drag and drive events. Definitely my current favorite format of racing.

Just wish Tom and Steve could get their videos to 15 minutes or under. More than that and I go a little crazy listening to them two ramble. Not much content on YouTube worth more than 15 minutes of my life... lol

Good luck @DSG2003Mach1. What car/setup will you be running?? Bringing a merch trailer? lol

I'll be running the Mach 1, only thing I have worth running. Im just going for fun, no way in hell would I have a chance of winning anything. Im way too slow for any of the stick shift classes and never beat automatic cars dial your own (bracket racing). My car has been about 90% done for a long time, it's fine for the street and just left it that way. Signing up will give me a reason to finish it.

I run around on 555Rs already, debating if Im going to bring a dedicated drag pack or not. If I do, I'll get a little trailer to pull around. If I'm gonna run one set of wheels/tires the whole time I probably won't. I was gonna say I dont have any merch but suddenly I think it would be hilarious to sell "**** your YouTube Channel" shirts

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be running the Mach 1, only thing I have worth running. Im just going for fun, no way in hell would I have a chance of winning anything. Im way too slow for any of the stick shift classes and never beat automatic cars dial your own (bracket racing). My car has been about 90% done for a long time, it's fine for the street and just left it that way. Signing up will give me a reason to finish it.

I run around on 555Rs already, debating if Im going to bring a dedicated drag pack or not. If I do, I'll get a little trailer to pull around. If I'm gonna run one set of wheels/tires the whole time I probably won't. I was gonna say I dont have any merch but suddenly I think it would be hilarious to sell "**** your YouTube Channel" shirts
definitely pick up a set of wheels for the track

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs

That would be hysterical. I'll be your first sale. But first you gotten figure out a give-away scheme. You know, every $5 you spend is an entry to win ... lol.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
come on I thought you did that everyday :LOL:
I wish. I will by June at the latest though, sick of this place. Wife says I have 2 months do nothing, after that I need to find something a couple days a weeks, so I don't drive her crazy.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish. I will by June at the latest though, sick of this place. Wife says I have 2 months do nothing, after that I need to find something a couple days a weeks, so I don't drive her crazy.
my wife is the same way. she can't not do anything. after two days of not doing anything she's bouncing off the walls.

Users who are viewing this thread