Siberian Husky's

redirocrt92

Established Member
Siberian Husky

Pretty smart dogs. He learned this by the second or third time I showed him. He still has to think about what he's doing so it's kinda funny.

[youtube_browser]ji10GVmxTFk&feature[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Husky's

I am on my second Husky and I don't think I could ever switch to a different dog. Smart, don't smell, ton of personality, good around kids...loyal.

My current dog Phantom (from black rings/mask around eyes) is pure awesome. When he wants something he starts howling. As soon as I come home he sits next to me and leans on my leg like the big attention whore he is.

Nice dog! :beer:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Great dog, that's pretty funny. I was watching AFV last night and this lady submitted a video of her lab in like an ACE Hardware getting supplies. She said "get me a paint brush" and the dog would go down the aisle and come back with it. Then she said "get me the brackets" and the dog went down a different aisle and came back with some brackets, it was awesome, dogs are awesome.

mach14604

Established Member
Lol. They are great dogs I have one and so do my parents. Both dogs are Red and are brothers. My sister has Black and White one and is Nephew to the other two. Very smart and loving dogs.

gamebred26

Established Member
dont leave em outside though.man can they dig some holes!! and shed like a mofo in the summer. buddy had one. i had an alaskan malamute as a kid i remember brushing him and filling up bags of dog hair!

Black Sex

Established Member
I had one as a kid. I liked the dog except for in the summer. Constant shedding and massive hair balls from about april/may - october. You had brush her almost everyday.

dark-knight

Established Member
i cant wait to get mine! my favorite dogs. Other than the shedding, is there any other downside?

94venomV8

Established Member
My husky does the same, he will talk back to you, if my kids start singing a song he will howl with them as well, he even matches notes it you go higher he will as well.

^^^I can't think of one downside of owning one, my dog is the smartest I've had, I grew up with labs and my husky is head and shoulders smarter then them, it took me a couple times teaching him everything he knows and he just remembered from then. He can (on demand) sit, stay, lay down, roll-over, play dead, shake, then say other paw and he will switch paws, took me maybe two weeks to potty train him and never had an accident after that, and he will cuddle for hours with you. I couldn't ask for a better dog and will never change. Another good thing that I have seen is being around kids, my kids can sit and wrestle and roll all over him and he has never as much as nipped at them. In fact I had him before my kids were born and when we brought my son home from the hospital he slept at the bottom of his crib since day one guarding it. If anyone walked in the room he perked up instantly. It will be a sad day for the family the day he goes, best dog I've ever had!

Edit: He also is an amazing hunting dog which I know they aren't known for, but he can hunt pheasant with the best of them lol.

Last edited:

gamebred26

Established Member
think they need to be worked. if you are active go for it. hiking...runs..bike etc. my mally was a beast. thing used to leap right over our 5 foot fenc no prob. looked like a wolf in the winter.

oldmodman

Established Member
When I was a little kid my neighbors used to breed huskies.

Friendliest dogs I have ever known. Those huskies liked everybody. And they were all very intelligent as well.

But they sure were shedders in the summer.

redirocrt92

Established Member
My niece lives with me and has 2 cats. He gets along great with them, although they didn't like him much at first. Only problem is twice a year he sheds like crazy. It's crazy the amount of hair that comes out and an hour later it's like I didn't even brush him. He is worth it though.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I miss my huskies terribly. Had a red one and a white one with lightly brown frosted tips. Amazing animals, me and my ex were separated at the time and I went home on leave and she gave them away. Isn a day I don't think about them. So much for my sob story. I'll get another dog some day. Smart dog you have there OP

Users who are viewing this thread