ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
Blacked out Pony emblem on my CS/GT.
photo1.gif
photo3.gif

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
When dipping the badges, are you leaving on the car or taking them off & applying new tape?

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
Nice pics, I love this stuff. I'm constantly looking for stuff to dip now. I have a white dog that may be matt black soon LOL!

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
When dipping the badges, are you leaving on the car or taking them off & applying new tape?
I originally started to take badge off, but soon discovered it was not that easy to get too. I decided to tape off all around it which was a lot easier. You can get the tape behind the badge pretty easy. Once all of the area was covered I gave it two coats. You just need to be easy with the tape when you remove it, so it doesn't pull the dip off the edges of the emblem.

haVesoV777

Established Member
These all look great guys! If anyone can throw in some tips for the faux gas cap it'll be great, i plan on doing it soon! BV600 was asking too! haha :beer:

iceknyght

Established Member
I have done the chrome around my speakers (subs) in the door and the chrome around the faux gas cap. On the gas cap, I taped it off with a bunch of newspaper (for overspray) and put on 3 coats of gunmetal and a coat of the glossifier. I let it dry and then peeled off the center portion (leaving just the chrome part covered).

DSC_0009_zps57415d37.jpg

DSC_0012_zps84dc722d.jpg

DSC_0013_zpse4732d3a.jpg

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
thanks guys. the rear faux gas cap is easy. what you need to remember is to look for natural breaks in the surfaces. since PD isnt a paint, it cant really be masked off to create sharpe lines. there are ways to do it but....i digress.

so with the gas cap i taped off about an inch around the outside of the chrome ring. then i taped off the "GT". since there are natural breaks in between the chrome ring, the deck lid panel, and the inner surface(where the GT is) i could just spray it all, and then just peel the areas i didnt want dip.

this is also the way do badges. tape off the entire badge along with 1-1.5 in around the badge and then spray it all. then peel slowly and it will break around the badge.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
the SHO badge needs to be redone. something on the surface is reacting with the dip, even though i cleaned it up with pre dip spray.

Users who are viewing this thread