show me your braces

sd3021

Established Member
or tell me. im intrested in chassis braces that are different. i found a huge factory g-load brace from a old 1988 lincoln lsc & a 2 point g load brace from a 1987 t bird. i took those braces & bought a 4 point brace fom kb & installed them, now i have 3 g load braces. i took the frame rails off of an old bed frame & installed them under the car behind the pinch weld <the place u set ur jack> . anything like that id like to know thanks

sd3021

Established Member
yes an old bed frame. the metal is thick & is really strong. to install it i drilled holes thru the pinch weld & inside the car i drilled holes down. i used nuts & bolts to secure it. i also welded it. covered it w/ undercoating you can hardly see if anything was done. now there is a better & stronger place to put my jack under

stangbear427

Established Member
worthless.gif

sd3021

Established Member
sorry but i dont have any way of taking pics. its just lengths of angle iron bolted & welded to the body & pinchweld. it almost runs from wheelwell to wheelwell. for example, you know the kenny brown matrix kit, the one piece of bar that u weld to the pinchweld its like that

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Bedframes are generally unhardened mild steel at best...

I've been very happy with my MM 4-pt K brace.

sd3021

Established Member
Bedframes are generally unhardened mild steel at best...

i dont know what type of steel it is. but its strong. before i was going to install it i wanted to see how strong it was, i placed it down on an angle & put my weight <175> down on it & it didnt move. after it was installed i did notice a slight improvment in body stiffness when entering my driveway. its just angle iron

johnh

Established Member
Your design sounds similiar to factory convertible braces that were riveted to the pinch weld. I think that's more work then just bolting a set of subframes on.

stangbear427

Established Member
I've been very happy with my MM 4-pt K brace.

Me too. Hangs down a little low and thwarts me from entering some car washes, but I'd rather do it right by hand anyway.

sounds like a troll to me
u make no sense. take your negative crap somewhere else

Actually, Lee is one of the more prominent and long standing members of this board. What you've essentially just done is walked into someone else's living room, pissed on his carpet and told him to leave.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I'm still in some disbelief that someone would put old bed frames onto a 93 cobra. I understand they may not flex w/ 175lbs but the stresses of a car exhibit much more force than that. Sounds like you just bolted dead weight onto the bottom of a limited production car.

sd3021

Established Member
Your design sounds similiar to factory convertible braces that were riveted to the pinch weld.
thank you john h. i know what your talking about. its pretty much the same design. if the factory put a bar along the pinch weld > its good enough for me.

Last edited:

sd3021

Established Member
Actually, Lee is one of the more prominent and long standing members of this board. What you've essentially just done is walked into someone else's living room, pissed on his carpet and told him to leave.[/QUOTE]

to tell u the truth i dont care who Lee is. i started this thread to see if anybody done anything different from the norm of braces. so i think he walked into my space first.

Users who are viewing this thread