Shoutout to MGW

Cuco5.0

Established Member
I feel that vendors ONLY get bad rep and not enough customers go out of their way to talk about a GREAT experience that they've had. I recently had my center console apart and noticed that there was a rip in the MGW shift boot and also noticed that the bushings on the shifter itself were a little worn down. So i contacted George@MGW and informed him of the situation and asked to be sold replacements so i can rebuild the shifter and buy a new boot. Instead, he had me ship the shifter assembly back to them along with the shifter boot and they rebuilt it for FREE! They called me the day the received it, and had it out the door the same day to reduce the lead time since my car was out of commission without the shifter!! This is BY FAR the best customer service i have ever experienced from any aftermarket company. I went ahead and upgraded to their new mount as well! Cannot say enough great things about all the men/women at MGW! They have a customer for LIFE!:banana::banana:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Ya George is top notch for sure.

I had a small issue with my shifter rattling which I ultimately narrowed down to the orange isolater being just a hair too loose. I took a video of the looseness so he could see and after briefly talking with George about the situation, I explained that my car was my only car and my daily driver and I didn't really want to put the stock shifter back on while I waited for them to fix it. Before I could blink I had a tracking number in my inbox and the replacement showed up 2 days later.

You can't ask for much more than that.

Thanks George. I tell everyone about my experience and how much I love the shifter for the car. Keep up the great work.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Going to contact them about a boot, I bought a new open box here and didnt notice the boot not included, until it came to finishing up.
It would be cool if they ship one for free! LOL

Anyways, I agree with OP, +1 MGW!!! I can rip the shit out of the shifter. It feels better with the cue ball shifter too, that stock shit on the regular 5.0's is GARBAGE!!!!

poof100

Established Member
Going to contact them about a boot, I bought a new open box here and didnt notice the boot not included, until it came to finishing up.
It would be cool if they ship one for free! LOL

Anyways, I agree with OP, +1 MGW!!! I can rip the shit out of the shifter. It feels better with the cue ball shifter too, that stock shit on the regular 5.0's is GARBAGE!!!!

We are looking for the boot, will get back to you later today. Still not sure how it wasn't in the box. I can contact George as well for you, but hold tight, hopefully we can find it.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
MGW makes a very nice piece. I was happy with the kit and how well the parts are made.

CW1343

Established Member
Well, that answered my question haha. Thanks for posting this op. I've been having a hard time deciding between shifters, but after reading this it's decided. MGW! Just one quick inquiry however. How many miles have you guys got with your MGW? Curious to see how well they hold up over time.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
I had purchased a shifter used off a guy. The guys car had been in for trans problems several times. The service techs at ford beat the snot out of the shifter. Plus who ever installed it in his car did a really poor job. I also called MGW to see about buying replacement parts. George to be to remove the shifter from my car and ship it to them and that they would update it for free and completely rebuild it top to bottom. It did end up needing over 100$ in parts which only ended up costing me 40$. They called me as soon as the shifter arrived. There had been some revision changes since my shifter was bought new which were updated for free.
Wile I did get hosed on the shifter I have nothing but GREAT things to say about MGW! I wish ALL companies conducted business and made quality parts like they do! To notch customer service and top quality products! They have my business 100% and I will highly recommend them TO ANYONE!

clean92lx

Established Member
I just installed my MGW a couple days ago and I'm so glad I chose MGW. Shifting is so much more enjoyable now not having to worry about the dreaded 3rd gear lock out.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yes the shifter is WORTH IT! I'd also recommend getting a cue ball knob (if you like the look), feel much better than the stock 5.0 crap! In fact I think thats reason why the GT500 and the Boss come with cue ball knobs!!!

Users who are viewing this thread