MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
Came across this beauty on the computer today:

cd8ef83f0d43700174e0f94c0bef7269_zpsed346899.gif

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I forget what show it was on, some sort of overhaulin or pimp my ride, but they even said these wheels are mostly show only and at minimum anyone running over a 22" wheel should upgrade their brakes in the process, especially SUV's.

Except nobody actually does that. I can't tell you how many old P71's I see on 24's with the stock shitty brakes.

03 deadpool

Established Member
There is a mach 1 by me that has 22s on it i want to steal it peel the mexican flag off the back window and put it back on 18s.

04svtsnke

Established Member
It's v6, who cares. Unless its 2 or 3 generations behind, most people(that have intentions to do this) have no need for power and just go for the looks. Luckily it isn't a gt500 or even a gt.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Really?

It would never get that far and what you're proposing is akin to a few asinine bills that came out trying to hold gun manufacturer's and retailers liable for gun related killings.

That mustang with those wheels still probably stops better than most new trucks on the road. Let alone old cars cars running around with drum brakes.

If we start making laws against huge wheels for safety concerns, shouldn't we also make laws against running bigs and littles on the street? Or what about the DOT R compounds everybody in Cobra's run that are absolute shit on any surface except a dry one above 60 degrees?

I think the donk trend is hiddeous myself. However I support car culture in any form. Car culture is dying in some areas, being legislated away in others. If we want to continue to enjoy cars the way we want, discriminating against other enthusiasts because they like something different is self defeating.

Truth

Users who are viewing this thread