Votes: 57 46.3%
  • guess there has to be a no

Votes: 27 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Nobody ever seems to address the inherent danger posed by these vehicles running "dubs". Adding oversized rims has a negative effect on both braking and steering... but hey... as long as it looks dope yo!

U.M.
Unfortunately, those types of people are too stupid to understand english, much less physics.

I know it's crazy, but I wish someone would rearend me with one of those cars. From there I can file a lawsuit against them as well as the shop that installed those wheels, as that car is longer safe to operate on a public highway. Couple that with braking tests, steering demostrations, and a slue of other things, pretty sure it would be outlawed in most places, and insurance companies (for the few that actually have insurance) will no ensure the car, or make it too expensive to do so.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nobody ever seems to address the inherent danger posed by these vehicles running "dubs". Adding oversized rims has a negative effect on both braking and steering... but hey... as long as it looks dope yo!

U.M.

I forget what show it was on, some sort of overhaulin or pimp my ride, but they even said these wheels are mostly show only and at minimum anyone running over a 22" wheel should upgrade their brakes in the process, especially SUV's.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I forget what show it was on, some sort of overhaulin or pimp my ride, but they even said these wheels are mostly show only and at minimum anyone running over a 22" wheel should upgrade their brakes in the process, especially SUV's.
Probably WCC, since they install more big wheels than Overhaulin' does...

nxhappy

Established Member
ya it does look pretty homo.

BUT....I have seen way worse....altezza lights, big gay wing, nos stickers, etc

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Unfortunately, those types of people are too stupid to understand english, much less physics.

I know it's crazy, but I wish someone would rearend me with one of those cars. From there I can file a lawsuit against them as well as the shop that installed those wheels, as that car is longer safe to operate on a public highway. Couple that with braking tests, steering demostrations, and a slue of other things, pretty sure it would be outlawed in most places, and insurance companies (for the few that actually have insurance) will no ensure the car, or make it too expensive to do so.

Really?

It would never get that far and what you're proposing is akin to a few asinine bills that came out trying to hold gun manufacturer's and retailers liable for gun related killings.

That mustang with those wheels still probably stops better than most new trucks on the road. Let alone old cars cars running around with drum brakes.

If we start making laws against huge wheels for safety concerns, shouldn't we also make laws against running bigs and littles on the street? Or what about the DOT R compounds everybody in Cobra's run that are absolute shit on any surface except a dry one above 60 degrees?

I think the donk trend is hiddeous myself. However I support car culture in any form. Car culture is dying in some areas, being legislated away in others. If we want to continue to enjoy cars the way we want, discriminating against other enthusiasts because they like something different is self defeating.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Really?

It would never get that far and what you're proposing is akin to a few asinine bills that came out trying to hold gun manufacturer's and retailers liable for gun related killings.

That mustang with those wheels still probably stops better than most new trucks on the road. Let alone old cars cars running around with drum brakes.

If we start making laws against huge wheels for safety concerns, shouldn't we also make laws against running bigs and littles on the street? Or what about the DOT R compounds everybody in Cobra's run that are absolute shit on any surface except a dry one above 60 degrees?

I think the donk trend is hiddeous myself. However I support car culture in any form. Car culture is dying in some areas, being legislated away in others. If we want to continue to enjoy cars the way we want, discriminating against other enthusiasts because they like something different is self defeating.
I was on a rant. And yes, what I stated would be too far, and basically the same as what you stated about gun manufacturers.

I have to deal with these types of vehicles and drivers on a daily basis to and from work, so it's a soft subject for me.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Really?

Excellent post. I may not agree with many trends I see. I think the whole stance trend is just as bad.

But to each their own. I'm sure those same people think guys dumping what a car is worth into the engine alone are dumb. Especially when it barely hooks up on a normal street tire.

I think jacking up trucks with lift kits and placing huge tires on them is just as dumb on the street but I'm sure 90% of people on this site thinks its great.

allister

Established Member
Brings back memories of that one weekend we went to Myrtle beach and didn't realize until we got there that it was black bike week...

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
If its a V6 Auto... Ehhh i dont really pay it any mind
+1
an enthusiast is better than somebody who doesn't give a crap about their ride. But to justify my issues with it, 99 percent of the time its not a v8 stang etc, that lost it's dignity. plus you can just swap the wheels off

Thehubster

Established Member
this kind of thing is physically repulsive to me. I hate seeing an awesome car killed by these kind of modders. it is absolutely horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread