Should I port my stock Supercharger?

svtstang34

Established Member
I would like to do some upgrades to my Shelby and I was wondering how come I can't find any post about anyone porting there stock supercharger:shrug:
Stiegemeier has a kit on its website for the Shelby that claims HP but he has to reconfigure the front drive for a 2.2 pulley. He did one hell of a job on my 03 Cobra and I was pleased with his work. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the kb blower fits under the stock hood. when i talked to whipple is they were still working on it.

talk to evo. they ported thier first stock blower with mixed results that were not that impressive. if i remember correctly all either one of these three mods will give you more power than a ported blower. cai and tune. full exhaust. pulley. if you want more than 550+rwhp then you really should look at a twin screw...

svtstang34

Established Member
the kb blower fits under the stock hood. when i talked to whipple is they were still working on it.

talk to evo. they ported thier first stock blower with mixed results that were not that impressive. if i remember correctly all either one of these three mods will give you more power than a ported blower. cai and tune. full exhaust. pulley. if you want more than 550+rwhp then you really should look at a twin screw...

Do you know If Steigemeier ported their blower? If I decide not to port I'll just get evo's stage 2 kit and a ton of other upgrades. I really want to keep the stock blower.

chuckstang

Established Member
Do not bother porting it
25hp max I think is what you will see, Evo tried it awhile ago and it didnt do much at all, this blower is already about as good as it gets compared to the old Term eaton.

So I say stick with CAI, 2.6 and tune on the stock blower or get the 2.8KB or 2.9 or 3.4 whipple

jcthorne

Established Member
I want to have the stock blower polished and will likely have it ported while its apart and there. How were your dealings with Steigmier? Was the turnaround in a couple weeks as promised? All quality work? Any hesitation to pay up front to get the cash discount?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Do you know If Steigemeier ported their blower? If I decide not to port I'll just get evo's stage 2 kit and a ton of other upgrades. I really want to keep the stock blower.

yes it was steig...call them both they each have a different variation of the story. you might want to search this forum as well. as i remember it added a little horsepower and it took a little torque away. call both evo and steg to verify!

mustarrosa

Established Member
I would like to do some upgrades to my Shelby and I was wondering how come I can't find any post about anyone porting there stock supercharger:shrug:
Stiegemeier has a kit on its website for the Shelby that claims HP but he has to reconfigure the front drive for a 2.2 pulley. He did one hell of a job on my 03 Cobra and I was pleased with his work. Do you guys think this is a good idea?
The KB 2.8H fits under the hood and has ability for good horsepower gains.....way I'm gonna go

jcthorne

Established Member
Well, if its that efficient, it should do better when I spin the *&^% out of it after porting....

Already have a 2.6 pulley, thinking about the IW overdrive lower and Steig claims to have a 2.2 for it. Have no idea just how far one can push this unit. And until someone tries.....

I will grant that it will not be up with an KB or TVS, but a port job and pulley is not 6 grand either.

6 grand does not fit with my current net negative investment position :)

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I say go for it. If the satge 5 porting with a 2.2 pulley will make 600whp for $995, it sure seems like a better deal then spending all that coin on a TVS and only getting a little more power.

chuckstang

Established Member
Are we not forgetting about the heat, what if this power falls off after one run because correct me if I am wrong, but the stock blower can only be spun so fast before it loses efficiency?

Users who are viewing this thread