Should I or Shouldn't I

hungary00

Established Member
Hi everybody, help me to decide. Should I put the Cobra lettering on my back bumper of my car or, I should stay low key. What do you think what color should I use if I decide to do it? My car is black.
DSCF6851_zps3f8616e1.jpg

Stolen 98

Established Member
I removed the black lettering from the rear bumper of my white cobra. I think the bumper letters are played out...I really hate the chrome ones people use...

Just my $0.02

SVT Tyler

Established Member
i like both with or without...i have the stainless steel inserts i love them...they would look bomb on your car with the deep dish wheels and exhaust tips. but either way it looks good low key to

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
But if you really feel the need for the "cobra" to stand out, I would personally have the letters outlined in a charcoal color or do the entire thing in dark gray/charcoal. Keep it low key.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I have removed the lettering from 2 '97 cobras, so that tells u my vote lol. It's not so much that they look bad, it's just that it has a cleaner appearance when left alone.

If all the cars came stock with chrome or black lettering, I have a feeling "custom painted to match" letters would be all the rage!

Btw op that car looks very clean, and always reminds me how my tint needs to be redone, but damn yours looks dark!

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
On black cars I like them to have no "cobra" inserts, the "SVT" trunk badge lets you know its not a gt.

The front bumper cover and hood tell everyone it's not a GT. Me, I could care less what people think it is, a GT, v6, could care less...then again I'm old.

Last edited:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Chrome or Stainless steel letters are the only ones that look good. Chrome looks the absolute best on black, and it will match the chrome lip of your wheels. It would still be low key with the stainless steel letters. It reflects the black, and still looks dark in certain angles with Chrome/stainless.

It would be a small tasteful mod. Blacking out the entire car would be highschoolish.

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I have black bumper letter inserts, on my white cobra. With your car being black, I would say red, I think it would look pretty wicked!

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
I went with matte black letters and decal for the lower part of the rear bumper; stands out *just* enough.

Stolen 98

Established Member
Chrome bumper letters... Next stop chrome snake door lock knobs and chrome snake valve stems lol to me it's all the same as having "COBRA" emblazoned across the windshield ....again just my $.02

Users who are viewing this thread