Should I or Should'nt I?

Nsssane1

Established Member
Just showed up today!

imagejpg1_zps44b8aa1f.jpg

Show off, lol. Very nice, where's the pulley, we don't need a tool to press it on do we. Isn't it quick change.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
What is easier, bolting EGR to the blower before installing and trying to thread the tube to the egr or have the egr threaded to the tube and trying to bolt up the egr to the blower after the blower is mounted? The problem I have with the egr attached to the tube is it blocks me from getting the blower in place, any suggestions?

PS-

20140624_193259_zps549d6fc0.jpg

DaFreak

Established Member
What is easier, bolting EGR to the blower before installing and trying to thread the tube to the egr or have the egr threaded to the tube and trying to bolt up the egr to the blower after the blower is mounted? The problem I have with the egr attached to the tube is it blocks me from getting the blower in place, any suggestions?

PS-

20140624_193259_zps549d6fc0.jpg

I did a dry fit of the gen2 last night and I could barely clear the erg tube w/o the erg attached. I'm planning on mounting the gen2 first, then install the erg module to the gen2 and finally connect the erg tube to the module. Also, I bolted down (89 inch/lbs) the rear drivers side fuel rail bolt and left the others (especially the 2 front bolts) loose so I could slide the gen2 under the cross over tube. Once you get the gen2 on, the drivers side rear fuel rail bolt is not accessible. After talking with Justin about this he recommends to never remove the fuel rail to begin with, which makes sense. I did find that loosing the front fuel rail bolts as much as possible makes it much easier to get the gen2 in place.

I'm still waiting for the evap tube before I can complete the install.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
I did a dry fit of the gen2 last night and I could barely clear the erg tube w/o the erg attached. I'm planning on mounting the gen2 first, then install the erg module to the gen2 and finally connect the erg tube to the module. Also, I bolted down (89 inch/lbs) the rear drivers side fuel rail bolt and left the others (especially the 2 front bolts) loose so I could slide the gen2 under the cross over tube. Once you get the gen2 on, the drivers side rear fuel rail bolt is not accessible. After talking with Justin about this he recommends to never remove the fuel rail to begin with, which makes sense. I did find that loosing the front fuel rail bolts as much as possible makes it much easier to get the gen2 in place.

I'm still waiting for the evap tube before I can complete the install.

Yeah, I did a dry fit last night too. I think the gen2 is a lot closer to the firewall so the bottom vac line is going to need another set of hands to get on and the EGR will go one after the blower is mounted (I had to tip the gen2 under the egr tube. I have Fore rails so I didn't need to do anything with the rails, just left them completely installed.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
For a thought:

When I did my VMP GEn1 and my Trinity, I basically took the passenger fuel rail loose, made sure the injectors stayed in the rail, and tilted it over to the driver side for the crossover. I put the blower in place by sliding back the EGR (all connected) then set the blower down. Do not forget to put the dowel pins on the new blower from the old. Two of those. Once it was down, I moved the fuel rail back in place and re-inserted the injectors back into their hole. I had left the driver side in place as Justin suggested to you. That is the easiest way.

Grats on the new power and gl with install. The Gen 2 should scream. In for track results or just straight up street ownage.

DaFreak

Established Member
For a thought:

When I did my VMP GEn1 and my Trinity, I basically took the passenger fuel rail loose, made sure the injectors stayed in the rail, and tilted it over to the driver side for the crossover. I put the blower in place by sliding back the EGR (all connected) then set the blower down. Do not forget to put the dowel pins on the new blower from the old. Two of those. Once it was down, I moved the fuel rail back in place and re-inserted the injectors back into their hole. I had left the driver side in place as Justin suggested to you. That is the easiest way.

Grats on the new power and gl with install. The Gen 2 should scream. In for track results or just straight up street ownage.

Good tips Ninjak! I remembered the dowel pins this time around too :).

The gen2 is a much tighter fit around the back/firewall. I have been documenting the steps and may do a write up afterwards too.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
20140628_133823_zps2dbu7wdy.jpg

I ended up attaching the EGR to the tube and bolted the EGR to the blower at the end. I kept the blower proped so I could connect everything in back and then set the blower in place on the dowels.

Users who are viewing this thread