Should I change supercharger and A/C belts on my GT500?

tomf

Established Member
My 2007 GT500is garage kept. It has about 34,000 miles on it. The above mentioned belts look ok and are the originals. With the car being 14 years old now should I change them>

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Stupid question: Can the belts be changed from the top, without jacking the car up or working underneath? Thanks.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Is OEM Motorcraft the way to go…Still good if you have have a different pulley / idler??

SCALILOU

Established Member
Stupid question: Can the belts be changed from the top, without jacking the car up or working underneath? Thanks.
I did it that way. Very easy. Take some pics before you do it as reference in case you forget how it goes on, and get a diagram 0f the routing if you've never done it before.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
are both the belts the same? If so do you just buy two the same ones.
No, two different serpentine belts. Here are the part numbers I ordered for stock length belts for my 2008:

Stock length belts.jpg

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Are these 2 part numbers ok for someone with: 09 , stock blower, 2.5 pulley, 90mm idler (only)? Thanks
I believe VMP is comfortable running your pulley configuration with a stock length supercharger belt. My stock blower configuration was a 2.6" pulley and Metco Aux idler with stock belt, which provided more belt wrap around the supercharger pulley. The accessory belt will definitely work.

Users who are viewing this thread