Should I be worried after tune?

Jay15COBRA

Established Member
Just wanted some feed back or to know if this has happened to anyone else.

I took my 03 Redfire in yesterday to Alternative Auto to be pullied and tuned by Lidio. I bought the car in June off a guy who bought it from a Ford dealership. He bought it as a certified Ford vehicle. It had a JLT CAI, JBA Xpipe and JBA catback with front and rear strut tower braces and a short throw shifter when he bought it. It was not pullied to his knowledge.

When they took off the pulley cover they thought the stock pulley was on backwards and that it had obviously been pullied before. This was also confirmed when they went to get the pcm prepped for the tune. It took some time to get the pulley off and when they put the 2.8 pulley on it would not spin when it was flush with the retaining bolt. They pulled it back ever so slightly and it spun just fine. Lidio said it would be fine and it seems to be.

The first run on the dyno tune dyno was 430 rwhp and he thought that was pretty low. My tires are pretty much gone so he aired them down to 18 psi and made another run. Second run was 442 rwhp and 430 rwtq and he thought the tires were still slipping. Third run was almost exactly the same and he thought the tires were still slipping. He really thought with good tires it would have made 450 rwhp at least.

I was just wondering if anybody out there has ran into this type of situation and if I should be that worried. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Go Lions!

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
It's possible to press the 2.8 too much and the blower not spin. Cuz the pulley is wedged up against the blower. 440 isn't horribly low but if you're still concerned..a compression test could help get more results

ctgreddy

Established Member
You went to the king of conservative and then are concerned about low numbers? They're not terribly low tho 442 is pretty close to what they usually make. My buddy's car with an identical mod list made 456 on walsh's dynojet.

It's weird that he thought the pulley was on backwords tho, if it was then it should have thrown a belt as soon as it was cranked over. Also there's no way a 275 street tire should be spinning on a dyno at your level unless there was something on the drums. At my work we have never had a problem with tires spinning on either dyno even with street tire cars making 600 plus.

Last edited:

JMoore112

JM0 SVT
Established Member
Lidio has had his hands in more Terminators than you have probably ever seen, I wouldn't doubt his opinion. Your in good hands, he is very conservative when it comes to tuning.

Rambro

Established Member
Mine did 445 corrected with a conservative tune and low compression in cylinder seven.

Jay15COBRA

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I went to Lidio based on all the great feedback on his shop and tunes and all the recommendations for him on here. Like us all I was just hoping for a little bit more hp. His price was great too. I was quoted a price about 3 times more expensive by another shop on this site.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I went to Lidio based on all the great feedback on his shop and tunes and all the recommendations for him on here. Like us all I was just hoping for a little bit more hp. His price was great too. I was quoted a price about 3 times more expensive by another shop on this site.

I bet it's the one I work at LOL. how we have as much work as we do I dont know. :??:

Users who are viewing this thread