shorties vs LTs

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I know the standard advice is that, if you're going to go through the trouble, go LTs. However, what if someone already went through the trouble to install shorties? Is it worth the effort to install long tubes?

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Considering the shorties aren't really an upgrade over stock, yes, going with longtubes is definitely worth the effort.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
you can make 600 without them but the boost has to be higher and the cylinder temps will be much greater. Why force air into the engine and then restrict its exit?

99MystiC

Established Member
ive had both. JBA Shorties and now have LTs. But im NA and i think shorties would have be fine for me. But i plan on spinning the motor pretty high eventually and run high compression so LTs will be better. I loved the sound of the shorties and off road x and stingers. The best!!

mystical

Established Member
Bassani Midlengths...best of both worlds I've got a brand new pair for sale.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

mystical

Established Member
I like my Bassani mid lengths and I am over 600, don't have to pull the headers to pull the trans

That was one of the major selling points for me. How was the installation? Pretty sure a lot easier then lt's since each tube is separate on the Bassini's if I'm not mistaken? If they don't sell soon I think I'm going to go ahead and install them:-D

Last edited:

2004Droptop

Established Member
Honestly I did not install but paid a shop. I have done long tubes on my GT, PITA. Easier to drop the k member. Shop said Bassani isn't bad to install but don't use their gaskets prone to leak, go standard an maybe a touch of high temp rtv.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread