Short Throw

darksrt

Established Member
i still havent put a short throw shifter in yet and i was wondering which one to go with. which one has the shortest throw and feels the nicest?

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I have the pro. 5.0 and I love it.. very short, and very short handle.. nearly touches the center console where the radio is.

steeda tri -ax same sorta deal, but with a much bigger handle.. almost like the stock handle..

I'm told MGW is coming out with a shifter of their own for our t56s. I would wait till it comes out. I'm very confident they will come out with something really good. They already sell a great handle which is fully adjustable and works great with my pro 5.0.

just my two cents :)

-lex

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
I'm going w/ the Steeda next week. And I decided on them just because they are local for me. Either would be good from what I"ve learned.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Most if not all of the aftermarket shifters have nice, short throws. Combine any of them with the MGW handle and you'll be very happy.

Kiddk1

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
Established Member
Originally posted by Corner-Carver
Just wait for the MGW shifter. ;-)

where do you check on the status of the MGW?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had the Steeda Tri-Ax myself and loved it. If I were doing it again I'd probably go with the Pro 5.0. It's a bit beefier and worth a shot.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I have the Steeda tri-ax with MGW handle and I like it a lot. Its bolted on the lower holes which gives the shortest throw. The MGW lets me adjust the knob back to where I can easily reach it. See if you can buy the tri-ax without the handle - save some $$.

Users who are viewing this thread