Short throw shifter?

Ryan12

Established Member
Alright gents I'm looking into short throw shifters. But I am cautious about them in a previous car installation of a short throw shifter actually caused tranny problems about 4,000 miles after installation. It was caused because the shifter would only partially engage the gear and not go fully in. Has anyone had problems with theirs? Also what short throw would you recommend?

scott_0

Established Member
look into the Barton, great shifter that is made right here in the USA, its a nicely machined piece that youll hate covering up lol, order it tonight and have it by the end of next pretty much guaranteed, of the two best shifters available, the Barton is the only one you wont have a silly wait for

Stevedotmil

Aim Small/Miss Small
Established Member
I just put the Barton shifter in this morning and so far it's boobies. I can't wait to get the bracket now. I picked mine up on Ebay and saved $100. Even after shipping to Germany. Word.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Straight from Barton website:
"30 Day Money Back Guarantee!!! If this is not the best shifter you have ever used, or you are not completely satisfied with the product, send it back for a FULL refund."

Cant beat that, if you don't like send it back.

ViciousJay

Established Member
leave the stocker or get a UPR/JHR

get a JHR Clutch line
DOT 4 Brake fluid
75/140 gear oil
Barton 2 post bracket

these should make your shifting experience grand :)

Ratchet

Established Member
I'm putting my MGW in today, I'll report back.. I had a my first few shifting issues this past week with the stock shifter... Don't feel like having any more. :banana::beer:

Laloosh

Established Member
I just installed my mgw and IMO it is the way to go. Complete assembly, upgraded bushings and springs. Two types of bushing along with heat shields and sound deading material. I should have done this earlier :)

Users who are viewing this thread